Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    If it is something like this then we need to call a spade a spade, let Brock announce it and move on. TONS of college kids use these meds during finals time to crack down on the books, whether it was prescribed to them or not. If thats the case he has served his punishment and then some and hopefully the NCAA will reinstate him for 2019.
    I'm just glad it's not steroids or something stupid. Unfortunately privacy seems to go away when you're in the public light on a huge program. This whole situation is ridiculous for something doctors subscribe to kids like candy

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm just glad it's not steroids or something stupid. Unfortunately privacy seems to go away when you're in the public light on a huge program. This whole situation is ridiculous for something doctors subscribe to kids like candy
    Since the testing is done by the NCAA and not USADA, there's a good chance we don't get told what stimulant he tested positive for. When it comes to privacy on failed tests, USADA takes the honey badger approach. The only nice they do is notify the National Governing Bodies that one of their athletes got popped and as soon as the b-sample verifies the a-sample, the news is going to be release to the AP.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    well when it comes to the haters its either fake news or a manufactured crisis, either way, I would not put much stock in the thought. more likely whatever comes out of their mouth is nothing more than a perpetuated fraud
    Dont forget the supposed cover up being perpetuated by the Fargo media as not to tarnish NDSUs championship.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Meh this will turn out similar to the Beck situation IMO. Those who want to throw mud at anything NDSU will try starting a bunch of rumors about him, the program, the coaches, etc. Then a month later we all find out it was nothing malicious

If he loses his last year of eligibility, it would be a huge loss. Hes a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If he loses his last year of eligibility, it would be a huge loss. Hes a great player.
    I agree. So who decides if he loses a year of eligibility? If there is room for interpretation I doubt NDSU football gets any favors.

He shouldn't get any favors and no one should when it comes to these situations. It needs to be very black and white and not gray. These are the rules if you don't follow them these are the consequences. It doesn't matter the excuse be it a administrative lapse or a clear knowing violation. There can't be excuses because then it just opens the door to many crazy situations. From a enforcement standpoint it needs to be a A+B=C situation and not a A+B= C or sometimes D but others E and maybe FG or H.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    He shouldn't get any favors and no one should when it comes to these situations. It needs to be very black and white and not gray. These are the rules if you don't follow them these are the consequences. It doesn't matter the excuse be it a administrative lapse or a clear knowing violation. There can't be excuses because then it just opens the door to many crazy situations. From a enforcement standpoint it needs to be a A+B=C situation and not a A+B= C or sometimes D but others E and maybe FG or H.
    Well, I don't have a clue what he did and the NCAA is known for vague rules, inconsistent interpretation and selective enforcement. We all know rules leave room for interpretation, and the more there are the more complicated it gets. Strict rules and enforcement sometimes penalizes those who were unaware and had no intent to break them. If anything banned was used to get an advantage, or if an illegal substance was involved, then punishment is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    What is the status of this?

I’ve heard some pretty crazy stories involving Tyler Roehl and Ben Newman. Tough to separate fact from fiction, but something on this does not appear right.
    We know Brock tested positive for something. My concern is the rumors about the involvement of Newman and/or possibly Roehl. I understand confidentiality is involved, but I wish there was some way the coaches could clear this up and move forward.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The NCAA conducts and evaluates the tests AND decides on what and who violated their rules. They also determine length of the suspension. How is there room for any coach to manipulate the situation?