Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    These statements strike me as being contradictory. There are no safeguards that will absolutely guarantee this never happens again. All the proper information and direction in the world can be given, but there will be young men who make young men mistakes.
    I think that what farmer63 is getting at (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that the "attractive nuisance" concept can be manipulated so as to lessen the exposure to trouble.

Hypothetically, let's say that there is an identified nuisance that has the potential to be detrimental to the program. Further, let's say it is a particular pre-workout product that contains caffeine. Knowing that a random drug screen can effectively measure a level that could disqualify an athlete, perhaps some measures could be taken.

And, since the athletes can't be followed around all day/every day, an easy and effective place to start is to keep the product out of the facility (less readily available).

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    My meaning was.... there is no way we can keep athletes from deliberately using controlled substances, or deliberately taking wrong dosages. But I don't believe that's what happened here. We had an athlete that believed what he was doing was within the rules, and it apparently wasn't. So whatever system to make sure that we are giving our athletes correct information needs to be put in place. NDSU can't ultimately control what the athlete uses, but certainly should have someone that can determine if a product might cause a problem.

I guess what it comes down to is... I simply don't think BR deliberately took something or dosed something that he thought was an issue. He believed that he was legal. NDSU should have a system in place to catch the problem and let him know he wasn't. If not, we could potentially run into this problem again.
    I think NDSU is doing a damn good job of this already considering this is the only instance of a FB player failing a drug test. IMO this is an isolated incident that hopefully can be learned from by all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    My meaning was.... there is no way we can keep athletes from deliberately using controlled substances, or deliberately taking wrong dosages. But I don't believe that's what happened here. We had an athlete that believed what he was doing was within the rules, and it apparently wasn't. So whatever system to make sure that we are giving our athletes correct information needs to be put in place. NDSU can't ultimately control what the athlete uses, but certainly should have someone that can determine if a product might cause a problem.

I guess what it comes down to is... I simply don't think BR deliberately took something or dosed something that he thought was an issue. He believed that he was legal. NDSU should have a system in place to catch the problem and let him know he wasn't. If not, we could potentially run into this problem again.
    I agree with a lot of this post. Unless Brock is not telling the truth, I dont think he double dosed or whatever you want to call it. Thus, I dont think it was caffeine that triggered the positive, once again assuming the truth is what we have been told. I assume, I know extremely dangerous to do, that the positive test was for an unlabeled substance.

I just don't see a guy busting his backside for four years in this program and then roll the dice on a double dose of pre-workout.

The only way this situation comes to the light of day is if someone channels Paul Harvey and tells "the rest of the story". Who is it going to be?
    Damn, I'm Good!

Imho the issue is the penalty which was excessive and ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I feel we should just let this thread die a slow life and be done/over with it. Y keep hashing out the same bullshit.

Just leave it be. Does no good for NDSU football to keep bringing complete BS up. Just stop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Imho the issue is the penalty which was excessive and ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    This^ So much this^

For some reason... I'm just not a fan.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think NDSU is doing a damn good job of this already considering this is the only instance of a FB player failing a drug test.
    True perhaps in the DI era but definitely not true for the DII era.