Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    True, but Brock can agree to have supplement disclosed and how he actually got there with it, without disclosing name(s).

I just don’t like how this is playing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with CAS on this one. If you won't name names, then at least name the supplement. That can benefit a lot folks.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Can someone summarize the last 24 hours in this ordeal for the ones that were not by their computer. Sometimes hard to put together what is believable information and what is not. Asking for a friend.
    I may have missed some posts, but as far as I can tell all we really know is that it was not a performance enhancing substance. Everything else seems to be speculation, rumor, and he-said she-said.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I may have missed some posts, but as far as I can tell all we really know is that it was not a performance enhancing substance. Everything else seems to be speculation, rumor, and he-said she-said.
    There is a lot of info out there that connects the dots. Caffeine from a pre-workout powder, which is promoted by Ben Newman. Brock most likely took more than he should have. Did he get it directly from Newman is not known. The comment that many of the players was using it is very believable...if they were taking the correct dosage they wouldn't have been flagged.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I'm not sure anyone's going to miss that guy. I'm sure TR is especially pissed off.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    There is a lot of info out there that connects the dots. Caffeine from a pre-workout powder, which is promoted by Ben Newman. Brock most likely took more than he should have. Did he get it directly from Newman is not known. The comment that many of the players was using it is very believable...if they were taking the correct dosage they wouldn't have been flagged.
    This is the most logical explanation if you take Brock's mom's story as truth. Could have been other caffeinated drinks that put Brock over the limit in addition to using the caffeinated supplement compared to other's on the team.

If this is all true it's about as innocuous of a positive drug test as you can get. Would show how ridiculous and unfair the NCAA's zero tolerance policy is on this issue more than anything.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Everything you listed is speculation though. A couple former players implied it may have been Newman supplying something, which doesn't line up with NDSU's story that it was a student athlete. Everything is based off those tweets, correct?

I for one am going to file this under "fake news" until something more comes out...if it ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    This is the most logical explanation if you take Brock's mom's story as truth. Could have been other caffeinated drinks that put Brock over the limit in addition to using the caffeinated supplement compared to other's on the team.

If this is all true it's about as innocuous of a positive drug test as you can get. Would show how ridiculous and unfair the NCAA's zero tolerance policy is on this issue more than anything.
    This is the right take.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything you listed is speculation though. A couple former players implied it may have been Newman supplying something, which doesn't line up with NDSU's story that it was a student athlete. Everything is based off those tweets, correct?

I for one am going to file this under "fake news" until something more comes out...if it ever does.
    Newman brings the supplement in, but another student mixed Brock's drink and used too much not knowing it's possible that would effect drug testing. Everyone's story checks out with that scenario. And Brock has to pay the price for knowingly doing nothing wrong and honest mistakes by everyone else involved.

I guess he should've just sold marijuana to an undercover cop... then NDSU could've just spacked him on the wrist and suspended him for a few weeks of winter workouts and everyone could've continued like nothing happened.

Okay, so you dismiss it. No problem. I'm taking both sides of the story here...and with all the info given, I can see how it all makes sense. It makes perfect sense, so I don't feel the need to dismiss.

So Brock took something that got him banned. Info given said it was not performance enhancing. Mom said it came from a member of the staff. Ben Newman promotes a product that has caffeine. Tweets from former players show this. ML said it came from another player. Brock's mom said many of the players were on it. Now who directly gave it to Brock is a good question...but what is out there makes a pretty strong case what he was using, and who was promoting it. I think it is a fair assumption that we know what he was on with what is out there. This is more than idle speculation. But again, disagree if you want.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]