Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Not sure exactly what you mean by NDSU coming clean. If ML is correct in saying the source was another student-athlete NDSU can't disclose who the individual was.
    True, but Brock can agree to have supplement disclosed and how he actually got there with it, without disclosing name(s).

I just don’t like how this is playing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    True, but Brock can agree to have supplement disclosed and how he actually got there with it, without disclosing name(s).

I just don’t like how this is playing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But that would hurt their case if they are trying to get NDSU to pay for the next 1.0-1.5 years of school. If they admit he got it from another student, most of their argument goes poof. And if it turns out the original source was a consultant(especially if he wasn't directly paid by NDSU), and that all the consultant did was provide info that had nothing to do with his job, then that also hurts their case.

To me, there's a big difference between two guys talking about their workouts and comparing what they use, a guy associated with the program saying a particular supplement is great and recommending it, and a guy associated with the program actually buying the stuff and giving it to the student. I think the actual known facts suggest the first case, but some people have a vested interest in inferring it was actually the third.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    But that would hurt their case if they are trying to get NDSU to pay for the next 1.0-1.5 years of school. If they admit he got it from another student, most of their argument goes poof. And if it turns out the original source was a consultant(especially if he wasn't directly paid by NDSU), and that all the consultant did was provide info that had nothing to do with his job, then that also hurts their case.

To me, there's a big difference between two guys talking about their workouts and comparing what they use, a guy associated with the program saying a particular supplement is great and recommending it, and a guy associated with the program actually buying the stuff and giving it to the student. I think the actual known facts suggest the first case, but some people have a vested interest in inferring it was actually the third.
    I think it said he graduates in dec.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

The one part I still cant get past and have a hard time believing is that is was being used by lots of others in the locker room. 74 players were tested in this years playoffs alone. Since 2010, that would mean 612 players were tested. Combine that with the tests they do in the regular season and we might be talking close to 1,000 players being tested in that time frame. With the amount of games, and playoff games they have played, no team in the NCAA has been tested more then NDSU. And, as far as I know, he is the only one to test positive for any banned substance. To say this is an isolated incident is an understatement. I definitely feel bad for Brock. Definitely a learning experience for him and every other Bison athlete.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The one part I still cant get past and have a hard time believing is that is was being used by lots of others in the locker room. 74 players were tested in this years playoffs alone. Since 2010, that would mean 612 players were tested. Combine that with the tests they do in the regular season and we might be talking close to 1,000 players being tested in that time frame. With the amount of games, and playoff games they have played, no team in the NCAA has been tested more then NDSU. And, as far as I know, he is the only one to test positive for any banned substance. To say this is an isolated incident is an understatement. I definitely feel bad for Brock. Definitely a learning experience for him and every other Bison athlete.
    That’s because momma bear exaggerated....big surprise.

They weren’t all on it.

https://www.cleanvictorysupplements....ne-pre-workout

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Is it possible that only Brock's container had contamination in it, or the others got lucky and weren't tested (seems unlikely but who knows)? As these things have to be easy to get contaminated. That would explain "widespread" use but others not getting nailed and NDSU not catching it. Still doesn't explain the staff member-student athlete discrepancy though...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsansa View Post
    I would like to know the name of the product. I assume the athletic department is warning other student athletes about this particular product. I didn't like the article because it is he said/she said. I think since this was mistake with a supplement NDSU owed BR announcing that to the world and getting in front of this. There are hundreds of supplements on the market and they are unregulated. Something legal for years can have recipe tweak and make it non-conforming by the NCAA. That's the danger of supplements. I feel sorry for student athletes seeking a conforming product to boost performance, as the field is filled with landmines. It does appear that Clean Victory Pre-Workout Fuel was used around the program.

https://twitter.com/Coach_Nap/status/845635576191705088

https://twitter.com/ContinuedFight/s...64729904922624
    Wow might be on to something here?!

https://www.cleanvictorysupplements.com/pages/team

Looking at the ingredients of that product, the only stimulant present is caffeine. Everything else is basically protein. Caffeine is a banned stimulant at high enough levels. Care should be taken when using this to train.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Wow might be on to something here?!

https://www.cleanvictorysupplements.com/pages/team

JFC that webpage is 200% douche