Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    If it's just a mistake, the best thing is for someone/whoever to just admit it and move on. Leaving it like this just leaves room for conspiracy theories and for some to blow things out of proportion.
    Legal stuff could still be going on. That’s my best guess

People need to look at this from BR’s perspective more. Just imagine how he feels every AM when he wakes up. The bottom must just fall away for a bit. I can't even imagine. I hope he can keep training with his brothers and I hope he takes this to the end, and if it doesn't work out, then I hope he finds a new set of teammates to play for.

And that’s who these guys make plays for … Eachother. Not themselves, not the coaches, not the media. Certainly not us the fans. People throw ‘culture’ around a lot. Well, there’s your culture (Souhan would probably say I’m naïve)

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Oh boy, a quasi-experimental design. I am in.
    Me too...bring back those memories of too much coffee and vivarin for finals...

Will Brock be able/eligible/allowed to participate in the Pro Day if he chooses to?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Has the Staffer been identified by the Robbins?

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    You've been propagandized by Indy Bison. Of course this is literally true, but it's like saying the government is the people. It's true statement but ignores the problems faced with most bureaucracies as they take on a life of their own and become master instead of servant. It's like what someone said about meetings, "none of us are as dumb as all of us".
    No argument here

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    If the same substance was being as widely used as the Robbins say it was why did no other player fail any tests? The only reasonable conclusion is that the player who failed took more then what was recommended or combined it with something else that caused the positive result. Sounds like a case of someone trying to blame someone else for their own actions.
    That scenario was answered about 5 pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    That scenario was answered about 5 pages ago.
    Was it? Really??

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Was it? Really??

This is Bisonville, there are no answers here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It is still very curious as to why they will not give up a name.
    Honestly, I think part of what is playing out here is BR is probably on the side of... "Hey, I made a mistake and took something (or too much of something) without realizing. It is ultimately my mistake. I don't want this to reflect badly on my teammates or the program." And his mom coming down on the side of... "Hey, I know my kid made a mistake, but he made it because he trusted somebody within the program, and BR shouldn't have to take all the heat for this mistake on his own. There were more people in the kitchen than just him."

Everybody involved is telling the truth, but nobody involved is telling the whole truth.

Ultimately, my hope is that people see BR as a decent kid who did a lot for the NDSU football program during his time at the school. The kid got caught up in a deal that probably wasn't totally his fault, but he paid the full price for. It's just a shame it's gonna cost him his senior year.

It is still very curious as to why they will not give up a name.
    The staffer isnt an issue if BR took more than the recommended dose. It also sounds like most of his teammates took a supplement as well and had no issues. Some probably took the same supplement he did but followed the directions..

The only time the staffer is an issue is if illegal substances are involved.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."