Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Apparently Clemson is puzzled how it happened and they are looking into it.
    Maybe teams need to forget about supplements and stick with actual food and drink.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Apparently Clemson is puzzled how it happened and they are looking into it.
    Maybe teams need to forget about supplements and stick with actual food and drink.
    The Clemson players tested positive for a SARM called Ostarine, not a stimulant like Brock. I doubt the same supplement was the problem in both cases but yes supplements appear to be a real issue for student athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The Clemson players tested positive for a SARM called Ostarine, not a stimulant like Brock. I doubt the same supplement was the problem in both cases but yes supplements appear to be a real issue for student athletes.
    I would think part of the problem could also be those ‘secret ingredients’
    Perhaps the ncaa should be more clear. You can bet schools will be pressuring them if more of this happens.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Perhaps the ncaa should be more clear. You can bet schools will be pressuring them if more of this happens.
    Yeah the NCAA basically says anything could be a banned substance. How the hell can you possibly determine if something is or isn't if it's not listed in either the NCAA's banned list or on the ingredient label? It's almost like it's specifically ambiguous to allow them to determine whatever they want at the time.

Uh, no.

It's not the job of the NCAA to put in guidelines, when the FDA doesn't.

People need to stop putting sh#t in their bodies.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Uh, no.

It's not the job of the NCAA to put in guidelines, when the FDA doesn't.

People need to stop putting sh#t in their bodies.
    You actually agree with me. They need to put out a list. If you don’t know exactly what’s in it, don’t use it.
    Oh, wait. That could involve common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The responsibility is the players. If there is a question you dont put it in your body.
    Ultimately, yes. But if someone inside the NDSU organization provided a substance that caused a member of the team to test positive, then I certainly think that is an issue that needs attention. The NDSU athletic department needs to put safeguards into place to make sure this never is allowed to happen again.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Ultimately, yes. But if someone inside the NDSU organization provided a substance that caused a member of the team to test positive, then I certainly think that is an issue that needs attention. The NDSU athletic department needs to put safeguards into place to make sure this never is allowed to happen again.
    Clemson article brings up a good point too. (Not related to caffeine necessarily) but because most facilities are not inspected for cleanliness or products tested for potency. It may be fine and cleared and then two weeks later contaminated by something else the company makes in the facility or the"proprietary blend" changed. Best thing about this is this is a conversation around supplementation that needs to be had. Some brands to submit for testing and potentcy. Though as not a food or drug the FDA does not regulate nor does the claim on the bottle have to be true. I'm honestly supposed more kids don't pop all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer63 View Post
    Agreed. Also, whoever was the 'someone inside the NDSU organization' - if there was a someone - should be held accountable too. A student athlete - whether unwitting or not when he took whatever substance is involved - is paying a big price, is being held accountable. Don't wish for NDSU to end up looking bad in all this if it turns out there was a 'someone', but if fairness is a higher value than protecting NDSU, then it is important that the 'someone' be held accountable just as Brock is.

If anyone has seen Bigger, Stronger, Faster on Netflix, there was a pretty good scene about the truth about the supplement business:

I don't know how much has changed in the ten years plus years since the documentary came out, but the guy who made it has pretty done everything, good and bad, in order to seek "fitness."
    Hail the BISON!!!