Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    He took too much and when over the limit on caffeine. What's so hard to understand?
    With nobody saying exactly what happened, people will tend to make up their own conclusion. I have fairly good idea what happened and just want to make sure the few facts (no steroids or pot) we do know don’t get changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    With nobody saying exactly what happened, people will tend to make up their own conclusion. I have fairly good idea what happened and just want to make sure the few facts (no steroids or pot) we do know don’t get changed.

A couple of thoughts

One big thing is---if it was illegal drugs he would have been dismissed. He wasnt dismissed or suspended by NDSU. So even if he was given the supplement by a staffer there were no Illegal drugs involved. The real question is---what substance sent up the red flag? Since BRs mom pointed fingers at the widely available supplement my guess is going to to be caffeine. Unless there is something else in that supplement that isnt listed. Then you have the question why NOBODY else was red flagged on a supplement that was widely used in the locker room. That leads me to believe that BR injested too much of the supplement which showed up as elevated caffeine levels. An NCAA infraction.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    A couple of thoughts

One big thing is---if it was illegal drugs he would have been dismissed. He wasnt dismissed or suspended by NDSU. So even if he was given the supplement by a staffer there were no Illegal drugs involved. The real question is---what substance sent up the red flag? Since BRs mom pointed fingers at the widely available supplement my guess is going to to be caffeine. Unless there is something else in that supplement that isnt listed. Then you have the question why NOBODY else was red flagged on a supplement that was widely used in the locker room. That leads me to believe that BR injested too much of the supplement which showed up as elevated caffeine levels. An NCAA infraction.
    Since most supplements aren’t FDA regulated, makers of these things are notorious for NOT clearly listing all the ingredients. This is often advantageous, as they can purport “proprietary” blends and get away using cheaper or ineffective ratios of ingredients. So based on all that, I don’t think that means it HAS to be caffeine. Any other ingredient that appears on the banned list could have resulted in a positive test if taken at a sufficient level. Same as caffeine.

A couple of thoughts

The other frustrating issue is the claim that a staff member (officially or not) supplied (given or sold) an illegal/banned product. If the product was Clean Victory, that claim isn’t true. The only issue that product has, as long as they only use the ingredients they claim, is the level caffeine, which is on par with highly caffeinated energy drinks. The NCAA doesn’t have an issue with caffeine until a test reaches a certain threshold.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    Since most supplements aren’t FDA regulated, makers of these things are notorious for NOT clearly listing all the ingredients. This is often advantageous, as they can purport “proprietary” blends and get away using cheaper or ineffective ratios of ingredients. So based on all that, I don’t think that means it HAS to be caffeine. Any other ingredient that appears on the banned list could have resulted in a positive test if taken at a sufficient level. Same as caffeine.
    www.fda.gov

Two important excerpts from this site:

FDA regulates both finished dietary supplement products and dietary ingredients. FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering "conventional" foods and drug products. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA)

Dietary Supplements can be beneficial to your health — but taking supplements can also involve health risks. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not have the authority to review dietary supplement products for safety and effectiveness before they are marketed.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The other frustrating issue is the claim that a staff member (officially or not) supplied (given or sold) an illegal/banned product. If the product was Clean Victory, that claim isn’t true. The only issue that product has, as long as they only use the ingredients they claim, is the level caffeine, which is on par with highly caffeinated energy drinks. The NCAA doesn’t have an issue with caffeine until a test reaches a certain threshold.

BRs mom never said the that the supplement was illegal. She said it was widely used through out the locker room and it was brought in by a trusted staffer.

The illegal claims have come from those who could benefit from that narrative.

A lot of this has been over thought.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    www.fda.gov

Two important excerpts from this site:

FDA regulates both finished dietary supplement products and dietary ingredients. FDA regulates dietary supplements under a different set of regulations than those covering "conventional" foods and drug products. Under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA)

Dietary Supplements can be beneficial to your health — but taking supplements can also involve health risks. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not have the authority to review dietary supplement products for safety and effectiveness before they are marketed.
    While the language is most of that isn’t entirely clear in how that translates to the product on the shelves, I think the last part of not reviewing them prior to marketing is what may allow these companies to hide quantities of ingredients etc. in their products. This allowed ambiguity is no good for an athlete that may be tested at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    While the language is most of that isn’t entirely clear in how that translates to the product on the shelves, I think the last part of not reviewing them prior to marketing is what may allow these companies to hide quantities of ingredients etc. in their products. This allowed ambiguity is no good for an athlete that may be tested at any time.
    The responsibility is the players. If there is a question you dont put it in your body.

The responsibility is the players. If there is a question you dont put it in your body.
    100% agreed. The power of marketing and word of mouth of people using these things has to be tempting to young athletes. That may be why this situation has settled down since its release. Ultimately he is responsible for ingesting the stuff and it seems he has accepted responsibility accordingly by not causing too much of a stink.

BRs mom never said the that the supplement was illegal. She said it was widely used through out the locker room and it was brought in by a trusted staffer.

The illegal claims have come from those who could benefit from that narrative.

A lot of this has been over thought.
    Yes, and that's why I have an issue with those trying to make this unfortunate situation something more than it is. I also believe those same people are part of the reason why the Robbins' went public.

The intelligence of that group is alarming.
    Hail the BISON!!!