Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    I'll take "Le tItS now" for $800 Alex.
    She certainly had no "An-al bum cover"

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    What are we talking about here??

A young man took a drink of something he was told by someone in charge he should take? Seems the blame is placed in the wrong places. WTF. Who should we be mad at? Clean this shit up. Be mad at who we should be mad at.

Seems like common sense.
    To you it does

We are not mad at Brock ... and

We don’t have to be mad at anyone.

We can discuss it ... but it is between the kid and the school and the ncaa

Decisions have consequences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

If it is caffeine (we don't know) Robbins should say as much. It would probably garner a lot of sympathy and astonishment from the casual observer (that gets through their day with four cups o' joe).

But as things are right now either NDSU is being openly disparaged (by an Athletics HOFer, and her son, no less) or NDSU is being less than forthright. Neither option is a good look for any involved. And reality is somewhere in the middle which is the worst for all.

McFeely is right: there should be a fact-finding. Until there's that, rumor and innuendo* will fill the void and that's good for nobody.

However, it should be done by a disinterested third party. Could the MVFC/Summit League do that?

Last thought: This Ben Newman fellow ... I'm wondering if the NCAA should be looking at his 'business model' and what all his business entails. His name is coming up in too many interesting places ('bama, Clemson, 'SU).

*That's not Preparation H in Tijuana.

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    If it is caffeine (we don't know) Robbins should say as much. It would probably garner a lot of sympathy and astonishment from the casual observer (that gets through their day with four cups o' joe).

But as things are right now either NDSU is being openly disparaged (by an Athletics HOFer, and her son, no less) or NDSU is being less than forthright. Neither option is a good look for any involved. And reality is somewhere in the middle which is the worst for all.

McFeely is right: there should be a fact-finding. Until there's that, rumor and innuendo* will fill the void and that's good for nobody.

However, it should be done by a disinterested third party. Could the MVFC/Summit League do that?

Last thought: This Ben Newman fellow ... I'm wondering if the NCAA should be looking at his 'business model' and what all his business entails. His name is coming up in too many interesting places ('bama, Clemson, 'SU).

I don't think it's Ben Newman, but there are probably other names out there, that people won't mention, because they are rumors. What I think we have here is a classic over-reaction. Robbins and NDSU should sit down and settle this, if they already haven't. There's a lot of stuff here that I don't need to know, and the general public doesn't need to know. We just have that squeaky wheel McFeely beating the drum because he doesn't think it's Ben Newman, IMO.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

Why should you care? I am pretty sure some of your SS friends would like a Congressional investigation.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Remember that one time in I want to say like 2002 when you guys had a football player get busted for actual steroids and then he quit and went and wrestled for NAIA Jamestown? Member? Member? Do you? I've been thinking a lot about that lately.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Why should you care? I am pretty sure some of your SS friends would like a Congressional investigation.
    Because we may find that the NCAA is being arbitrary and capricious with their list of limited stimulants and UND lives under those rules too. That's a good starting place for interest.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Remember that one time in I want to say like 2002 when you guys had a football player get busted for actual steroids and then he quit and went and wrestled for NAIA Jamestown? Member? Member? Do you? I've been thinking a lot about that lately.
    I'd like to claim I do, but 2002 is a ways back.
    What's more recent to me is Austin Gordon sitting out a year. He got caught. He had to sit.

And no way am I claiming what the issue for Robbins is until someone goes on the record saying what the substance in question is, so don't even breathe the word 'steroids'.

Because we may find that the NCAA is being arbitrary and capricious with their list of limited stimulants and UND lives under those rules too. That's a good starting place for interest.
    We already know they are arbitrary and capricious. Let's say that is true in this case. Nothing will change.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'd like to claim I do, but 2002 is a ways back.
    What's more recent to me is Austin Gordon sitting out a year. He got caught. He had to sit.

And no way am I claiming what the issue for Robbins is until someone goes on the record saying what the substance in question is, so don't even breathe the word 'steroids'.
    Well considering the NCAA has a category for steroids and one for stimulants I'd say it's all good. And unless Brock is going to talk we'll never know. You should look into JMU and SDSU in 2016. Report back to us what those young men were doing and why the media covered that up.

Lardsin must go!