Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Man up and tell your version of the story, or quit posting. It’s that simple. Your son is on the team and what you are doing is irresponsible and not adult like at all.
    Exactly! Tired of the blame everyone else attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah it’s like having a law system where everything is punishable by death and then only listing the general nature of crimes that are punishable
    Wesley Crusher knows that pain.

I love how we stan for all these kids until something happens then we shit all over them.

There are hundreds of people throwing themselves at these guys, sometimes daily. If that huckster cheerleader who isn't under NCAA jurisdiction said "hey, I use this pre-workout all the time and it's great" and BR used it because and got in trouble because he's not a 40 year old jock sniffer, then that's a shitty deal.

If my kid was acting in good faith and got fucked over, I'd be pissed too. Also. pre-workout is bullshit.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm sorry but this isn't good reporting. It is a he said, she said issue and explains absolutely nothing. All it does is raise questions and makes NDSU, our student-athletes, and our coaching staff look terrible. I understand you can't police everything a student-athlete puts in his/her body but seriously instead of a list of band supplements I would hope NDSU has a list of supplements that they know won't make you pee hot that student-athletes can choose from. This story makes zero sense. Zero. If other student athletes were taking this they were either not tested or Brock's family is lying. If they find out Larsen is lying he needs to be fired.

But for some reason I keep coming back to this:
    Who has more to lose? Brock already lost everything so right now NDSU has everything to lose.
    What changes for Brock if a student-athlete gave him the banned supplement instead of a coach? Absolutely nothing, he still can't play his senior year.
    So why would he lie about it? No good reason.
    Why would Larsen lie about it? Lots of reasons.
    How does NDSU, who has working out down to a science, not know what athletes are putting into their body? Seriously, test the shit they are using. Talk about lack of institutional control.

I have no idea what is going on in this whole story; all I know is that it looks bad.

Really bad.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm sure the coaches want this to go away but if someone on staff did give out whatever to athletes, why are we not demanding more in an investigation?

As I read through all of this too many people on here just want to blame BR, but if there's even a tiny bit of truth to his side of the story shouldn't we be demanding more of NDSU to tell us what is going on?

I wrote on here about 8 years ago now that I want our student athletes to be held to a very high standard so that my kids can look up to them without question. I believe Kolpack or McFeely took my quote and published it in the paper. And to my knowledge that standard has been met on and off the field since then. I love that we have such great role models in all of the NDSU programs that there really has been no question since then. I want that to continue.

Now should BR be thrown under the bus by himself if someone on staff supplied him with it? Should our coaches whether they are here or not be held to the same standard? I believe these things need to get answered and the sooner the better.

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From the article, it sounded like a dietary aid. I can see this portion of the NCAA Banned Drug list being an issue.

He's a good kid, a mistake was made, time to move on.

NCAA Nutritional/Dietary Supplements Warning:

Before consuming any nutritional/dietary supplement product, review the product with the appropriate or designated athletics department staff.

Dietary supplements, including vitamins and minerals, are not well regulated and may cause a positive drug test result.
    Student-athletes have tested positive and lost their eligibility from using dietary supplements.
    Many dietary supplements are contaminated with banned drugs not listed on the label.
    Any product containing a dietary supplement ingredient is taken at your own risk.
    Check with your athletics department staff prior to using a supplement.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    You could fail a lot of tests in a lot of leagues with products from GNC.
    This is a red letter day, I am actually agreeing with TBU...GNC sells a lot of stuff that won't pass the NCAA sniff test. Hell you can probably get it at the Wal-Mart...not hard to find something with a herbal stimulant in it and who knows how they will show up in a pee test.

It is truly a terrible situation for Brock, his family and NDSU. For those that are saying it was give to whole locker room. Well that is hard to believe since one person tested positive. As for not naming the person that "gave" it to him. Well I do not see the reason not to name the person. Since it appears the Robbins family is 100% positive who gave it to them. I am not excusing NDSU in any of this except for the fact the it should have been handled better with Brock and the family. One question I have is if Brock was on a scholly does he still get that if he continues going to school at NDSU until graduation in December. The playing thing really sucks of how it is a one and done type deal with NCAA. Now if a program has had multiple student athletes that test positive then it becomes a one and done after several. Not after one person on one team with as we know it no other ones with a positive test results.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Take responsibility and move on (whoever should be responsible). I’m sure responsibility was taken behind the scenes but this is now an issue where more questions are being asked than answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

What if someone at NDSU told him and the family they would probably win the appeal and it wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe at the time that person really thought that. Now the family feels betrayed and NDSU has a black eye. Not handled very well at all Matt Larsen.

Lardsin must go!