Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

For what its worth … I think there should be an independent investigation into this.
    Not one run by NDSU, one run by and headed by someone not beholden to NDSU (or the Robbins-es) and whose assignment is to get to the truth - as much as that might be possible (given that people will lie to cover their behind, or the ones who feed them).

By now, however, one could probably expect that the people who are worried have already taken steps to cover their steps, discard evidence, etc.

Other players should man up and speak out - some were there, if there is truth in what mama Robbins said. However, if they feel their scholarship (etc.) wd be at risk, they may not want to say anything. Most people will not go out on a limb and 'do the right thing' when doing so will cost them something (like a scholarship). I hate to be cynical, but …

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    BN should. If this speculation is true, then what Matt Larsen said can make sense. If BN isn't a staff memeber, then it's true that NDSU doesn't supply supplements. I thought I heard once that Coach K paid BN but I could be remembering that wrong.

Crappy situation, especially for Brock, but don't forget that BN could have made an honest mistake in it as well.

Learn from it all and move on...probably need some policies and practices managing some of the extra people that hang around programs to guard against this sort of thing.
    If BN was allowed to supply players with supplements how is that institutional control? Also Larsen said that a student-athlete gave Brock the supplement. I guess it could be true if BN gave it to a student to give to Brock (like you stated in a different post).

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    ML was also quoted as saying the substance was provided by a student-athlete.
    He said it was another student. Where that other student got it from could be a question but, because of confidentiality laws, Larsen can't/doesn't have to say who that other student was so the chain of possession breaks there.

If there is an investigation - aim should probably be to find out what happened so as to prevent things like this in the future (rather than who to crucify). There should be some accountability, but aiming for a positive result is probably more productive than aiming for a negative one.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    For what its worth … I think there should be an independent investigation into this.
    Not one run by NDSU, one run by and headed by someone not beholden to NDSU (or the Robbins-es) and whose assignment is to get to the truth - as much as that might be possible (given that people will lie to cover their behind, or the ones who feed them).

By now, however, one could probably expect that the people who are worried have already taken steps to cover their steps, discard evidence, etc.

Other players should man up and speak out - some were there, if there is truth in what mama Robbins said. However, if they feel their scholarship (etc.) wd be at risk, they may not want to say anything. Most people will not go out on a limb and 'do the right thing' when doing so will cost them something (like a scholarship). I hate to be cynical, but …
    A good start would be for BR to say who gave it to him instead of leaving it to speculation, rumor and innuendo.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Screw kansas state
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I wonder if the undy football players are all dealing drugs like they were a couple of years ago. They think all our championships are tainted cause of 1 positive test. They truly do believe they walk on water. I see their haaaawwwky coach ran a mile to clear his head. I wonder how many lines of coke he snorted before he did that. I’m sure glad that they care so much about our sports programs. Maybe if they cared about theirs as much they would be able to win a championship
    I very much doubt that any UND fan REALLY believes that any NDSU championship is tainted by this particular case. It simply provides a reason for them (and, in my opinion) and some in the media, to make huge deal out of it. It's the same obsession that people have with celebrity gossip that leans towards the negative.

As the late great Don Henly sang:

Dirty little secrets
    Dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
    We love to cut you down to size
    We love dirty laundry

People that have less prosperity and/or success are envious of those that do and will sing this shit to anyone who will listen.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Blame President Bresciani

Blame Motivational Message Hanger-on Guy

Blame Hank Jacobs

Lardsin must go!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

What would this accomplish, and at what cost? Nothing is going to give him his eligibility back. It would seem all parties involved have learned lessons, so what is the point other than to satisfy the curiosity of anonymous internet posters?

Not trying to be an ass, but when do you move on?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    I very much doubt that any UND fan REALLY believes that any NDSU championship is tainted by this particular case. It simply provides a reason for them (and, in my opinion) and some in the media, to make huge deal out of it. It's the same obsession that people have with celebrity gossip that leans towards the negative.

As the late great Don Henly sang:

Dirty little secrets
    Dirty little lies
    We got our dirty little fingers in everybody's pie
    We love to cut you down to size
    We love dirty laundry

People that have less prosperity and/or success are envious of those that do and will sing this shit to anyone who will listen.

I'd agree with this. The Bison's championships go far beyond a few individuals. Seems like more smear material. Kind of dumb.

I haven't read into this much, and don't plan to waste the time. Sounds like 1 kid took something he shouldn't have. Whether intentional or unintentional, it will be (or has been) dealt with, and people can move. Not like UND hasn't had its share of guys with bad press over the years.

The biggest concern for the program at this point, should be to ensure that it was truly limited to a single person. The last thing you want is for an individual issue to work its way across the team.