Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Wow might be on to something here?!

https://www.cleanvictorysupplements.com/pages/team

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Wow...interesting that he is actually on the Clean Victory "team" page. You know he had every incentive to push the product. I thought he was just a mental motivational dude...seems sketchy, as he has mixed incentives with this type of product.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Looking at the ingredients of that product, the only stimulant present is caffeine. Everything else is basically protein. Caffeine is a banned stimulant at high enough levels. Care should be taken when using this to train.
    I did some research in the past few hours. This is a must read: http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-in...t-drug-testing

Listed on that site is a link to the program that the NCAA (and NDSU) uses for testing - Drug Free Sport. I won't claim they are as good as USADA, but they cover pretty much every major sport organization in the United States that USADA doesn't. The link listed is for student-athletes to educate themselves about testing and to inquire about products that might be an issue to them: https://dfsaxis.com/welcome

Going through some of the educational stuff, I found this video:

The biggest thing about that video and the Clean Victory Supplements product being presented is that Drug Free Sport suggests not consuming caffeine more than 500 mg/day. The Clean Victory Supplements product in question list it has 250 mg of caffeine in each serving (one scoop). As a former student-athlete, I can see an athlete taking more than a few scoops before a work-out/game and not thinking once about the consequences. Heck, when I'm working an event, the two to three energy drinks (Rockstar Pure Zero Punched Energy Drink - https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...star-pure-zero) I consume along with two to three Diet Mountain Dews would probably make me fail a test easily.

What I don't get about the NCAA website that I posted above is that a student-athlete being popped for a stimulant like caffeine is going to be punished (one year = 25% of total eligibility) more severely than an athlete getting popped for a street drug (half a season). These punishments are for first time offenders. Caffeine offenders only get one chance while street drug offenders get two (based on they have more than one year of eligibility).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I did some research in the past few hours. This is a must read: http://www.ncaa.org/sport-science-in...t-drug-testing

Listed on that site is a link to the program that the NCAA (and NDSU) uses for testing - Drug Free Sport. I won't claim they are as good as USADA, but they cover pretty much every major sport organization in the United States that USADA doesn't. The link listed is for student-athletes to educate themselves about testing and to inquire about products that might be an issue to them: https://dfsaxis.com/welcome

Going through some of the educational stuff, I found this video:

The biggest thing about that video and the Clean Victory Supplements product being presented is that Drug Free Sport suggests not consuming caffeine more than 500 mg/day. The Clean Victory Supplements product in question list it has 250 mg of caffeine in each serving (one scoop). As a former student-athlete, I can see an athlete taking more than a few scoops before a work-out/game and not thinking once about the consequences. Heck, when I'm working an event, the two to three energy drinks (Rockstar Pure Zero Punched Energy Drink - https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...star-pure-zero) I consume along with two to three Diet Mountain Dews would probably make me fail a test easily.

What I don't get about the NCAA website that I posted above is that a student-athlete being popped for a stimulant like caffeine is going to be punished (one year = 25% of total eligibility) more severely than an athlete getting popped for a street drug (half a season). These punishments are for first time offenders. Caffeine offenders only get one chance while street drug offenders get two (based on they have more than one year of eligibility).
    Just curious did you see that Ryan Napoli (former S&C coach) has a few tweets supporting clean energy?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Just curious did you see that Ryan Napoli (former S&C coach) has a few tweets supporting clean energy?
    Yes, that's why I including the product in question along with my post. Very easy to see these kids having too much caffeine in their system if they're throwing in more than a few scoops into their Gatorade before the game starts.
    Hail the BISON!!!

If this truly is all because of this product and caffeine... What a sad effing joke.

Default Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If this truly is all because of this product and caffeine... What a sad effing joke.
    Yes, most definitely.

It makes no sense. Poor kid would have been less punished if he had taken cocaine instead of a highly caffeinated powder mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Yes, most definitely.

It makes no sense. Poor kid would have been less punished if he had taken cocaine instead of a highly caffeinated powder mix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure cocaine would qualify as a performance enhancing stimulant.

Makes complete sense to me that drugs of abuse are punished difntly than performance enhancers and masking agents. The primary objective is protecting the integrity of the competition. Punishing drugs of abuse is mostly about public relations.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Interesting. I drink enough strong coffee and diet coke that I probably have more caffeine than they would allow. I guess I'll finally have to give up the dream and waive my eligibility.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If it was too much caffeine. Why the hell didn't they just say it was too much caffeine?

I mean seriously? That's an honest mistake by all parties. Don't see any need to cover that up.

Anyone else notice alumni11 showed up to defend Hank's honor?

Lardsin must go!