Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Maximize every ounce of effort in your workout with STAGE ONE. This all-in-one pre-workout supplement features two key ingredients: L-Citrulline Malate and Beta Alanine. These proven additives have been shown to fight fatigue and increase blood flow to muscles. STAGE ONE is also lower in caffeine (because we don’t need it) and contains 30 servings per bottle (compared to the industry average of 20). For a complete, no-nonsense look at everything inside STAGE ONE, view our Supplement Facts panel. It’s all there.

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Actually, it's the universities who wilfully joined the NCAA's sandbox. The NCAA just enforces the rules the schools decided on.

At least that's my impression
    Universities, conferences, etc. - I know. However, a guideline was set for a reason - safety. While that guideline might be considered too low for some, just remember that the FDA caffeine limit on a 12 ounce can of soda (pop) is around 70 mg. There must be a reason for the limits.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Hence.....the reason that I made it crystal clear that I was hypothesizing.
    I understand, but I doubt any of us can give an exact reason being that none of us are Brock. All I know is that he took a product that if used correctly shouldn't have been an issue if caffeine is the stimulant he test positive for. If he tested positive for another stimulant, and it wasn't listed on the product's ingredient label, I hope his family has a great lawyer because that industry has little oversight from any governing authority.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You do realize it's their sandbox, and therefore the athletes have to play by their rules. Based on the medical information I provided above, you will understand why the NCAA is tough about high intakes of caffeine. As much as it sucks to see an athlete suspended, watching them die is beyond any measure, worse.
    I said relevance, not legality. It's like measuring the ocean in buckets. Yeah you could, but it's a stupid measurement because it's not really relevant. Also nobody drinks one cup of coffee. That would be like having one beer. Pointless PS. I'm not arguing one way or another. I fully understand the danger and if you look poster earlier it's a borderline health crisis.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

None of you with heart conditions should take that shit. Or if your on blood pressure meds or really over 50 to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I said relevance, not legality. It's like measuring the ocean in buckets. Yeah you could, but it's a stupid measurement because it's not really relevant. Also nobody drinks one cup of coffee. That would be like having one beer. Pointless PS. I'm not arguing one way or another. I fully understand the danger and if you look poster earlier it's a borderline health crisis.
    Get the ludes!
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

The NCAA laying down guidelines to prevent a student-athlete from a possible death is all the relevance needed. You can keep arguing in circles, but your original rebuttal that refers to 250 mg of caffeine in one serving not being a lot and out of date makes no sense when most caffeine drinker, like my self, have to drink multiple servings (five 12 oz servings of Diet Dew for me) just reach that amount. It's a big difference to throw that amount of caffeine in your system in one quick shot as oppose to taking four to five hours.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Calling 250mg of caffeine a lot in one sitting just shows you're out of touch on this. It is average for a product like this. Which probably 40-50 percent of males age 17-28 take. You probably masterbate to Jane Fonda before calling your buddy up on your rotary phone.
    The comment about the rotary phone is clearly out of line and you should apologize. There is no room for your ageism on BV. I don't know how many of us will function today after reading your hateful message.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Actually, it's the universities who wilfully joined the NCAA's sandbox. The NCAA just enforces the rules the schools decided on.

At least that's my impression
    You've been propagandized by Indy Bison. Of course this is literally true, but it's like saying the government is the people. It's true statement but ignores the problems faced with most bureaucracies as they take on a life of their own and become master instead of servant. It's like what someone said about meetings, "none of us are as dumb as all of us".
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    The comment about the rotary phone is clearly out of line and you should apologize. There is no room for your ageism on BV. I don't know how many of us will function today after reading your hateful message.
    Sorry, I can't read your post. Off to find my magnifying glass.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix