Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    A few have tried to bring facts to the site, ...
    The only facts we have right now is Mr. Robbins failed a post game NCAA test due to an unnamed stimulant and has lost his senior season. That's it.

Otherwise we have tons of unsubstantiated claims and accusations.

I'd rather the facts be found. Why? As I've said, all the MVFC has to live under these NCAA rules. What's done is done; let's all learn and not repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The only facts we have right now is Mr. Robbins failed a post game NCAA test due to an unnamed stimulant and has lost his senior season. That's it.

I'd rather the facts be found. Why? As I've said, all the MVFC has to live under these NCAA rules. What's done is done; let's all learn and not repeat.
    OMG! Spare me.

We have a pretty good idea of what happened based on those who would know. Again, it's a far cry from the allegations coming from your site, and hence, part of the reason Brock went public about his positive test.

As far as getting facts to be release publicly, good luck on that. NDSU, MVFC and the NCAA already know the facts.
    Hail the BISON!!!

If it is caffeine (we don't know) Robbins should say as much. It would probably garner a lot of sympathy and astonishment from the casual observer (that gets through their day with four cups o' joe).

But as things are right now either NDSU is being openly disparaged (by an Athletics HOFer, and her son, no less) or NDSU is being less than forthright. Neither option is a good look for any involved. And reality is somewhere in the middle which is the worst for all.
    My opinion, and only my opinion, is that the reason BR's family doesn't say caffeine(assuming it is caffeine) is because it would shift the public's ire from NDSU to the NCAA. And right now, the family wants that emotion against NDSU to help with their bargaining position. It would also allow NDSU to easily show that the only way to fail the test is to use the product improperly. I still think this is mostly about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    My opinion, and only my opinion, is that the reason BR's family doesn't say caffeine(assuming it is caffeine) is because it would shift the public's ire from NDSU to the NCAA. And right now, the family wants that emotion against NDSU to help with their bargaining position. It would also allow NDSU to easily show that the only way to fail the test is to use the product improperly. I still think this is mostly about money.
    It would seem the only party who could leak the specific stimulant to the media would be the Robbins family. Seems they could also leak the name of the supplement if they wanted to as well which may be the same thing. The motivations you suggest why they don't seem reasonable. NDSU providing access to caffeine lands with a thud. Especially if following labeled dosing instructions would have resulted in zero issues.

Still seems like a junk product and a crappy situation for Robbins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    A couple of thoughts here.

1. NDSU pulled a scholarship from a WBB student/athlete who WAS eligible. I am not thinking they are going to go out of their way for someone who is not eligible.

2. If this ends up in court, regardless of who gave the young man anything to drink, snort, shoot up, put in his ass, or any other way of getting it inside of his body, and even if that person is trusted, there is only one person responsible for said substance to still end up inside him. I suppose if someone held him down and forced it inside of him it may be different.

These are also only my opinions. I really don't know jack but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express 6 years ago.

Has it been reported as to when the testing occurred?

According to the NCAA, unless there is an approved deferral (for the testing to be conducted within 1 hour of the completion of competition), Section 4.6.2 declares that testing can occur before, during, or after that day's event.*

*4.6.2. Student-athletes may be tested before, during or after NCAA championship events and postseason bowl games.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...l_20180706.PDF

Hypothetically speaking, a post game level of caffeine in a urine sample that exceeds the allowable limit seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Has it been reported as to when the testing occurred?

According to the NCAA, unless there is an approved deferral (for the testing to be conducted within 1 hour of the completion of competition), Section 4.6.2 declares that testing can occur before, during, or after that day's event.*

*4.6.2. Student-athletes may be tested before, during or after NCAA championship events and postseason bowl games.

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...l_20180706.PDF

Hypothetically speaking, a post game level of caffeine in a urine sample that exceeds the allowable limit seems unlikely.
    Depends on how much he took before, during and after the game. The product has a ridiculous amount of caffeine in it. So much, that too much is a health hazard as oppose to being an enhancer of any kind. I don't think most student-athletes, let alone adults, understand how much 250 mg of caffeine is at one setting.
    Hail the BISON!!!

If it is caffeine (we don't know) Robbins should say as much. It would probably garner a lot of sympathy and astonishment from the casual observer (that gets through their day with four cups o' joe).

But as things are right now either NDSU is being openly disparaged (by an Athletics HOFer, and her son, no less) or NDSU is being less than forthright. Neither option is a good look for any involved. And reality is somewhere in the middle which is the worst for all.

McFeely is right: there should be a fact-finding. Until there's that, rumor and innuendo* will fill the void and that's good for nobody.

However, it should be done by a disinterested third party. Could the MVFC/Summit League do that?

Last thought: This Ben Newman fellow ... I'm wondering if the NCAA should be looking at his 'business model' and what all his business entails. His name is coming up in too many interesting places ('bama, Clemson, 'SU).

*That's not Preparation H in Tijuana.
    McFeely is not right ... lmao

McFeely is a pot stirring, Bison hating, second rate reporter, who loves moments when he feels like he can project that he is a person of integrity ... imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by christopher moen View Post
    i don't think most student-athletes, let alone adults, understand how much 250 mg of caffeine is at one setting.
    *insert jacked_up_mt_dew.gif here*