Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Here is something that makes me absolutely livid when it comes to these locker room supplements:

Below are some nuggets pulled from their website.* Regarding the company that some (including myself) are referencing within this thread (Clean Victory).

First of all, this post isn't an indictment against them as it relates to our program.
    Rather some of their website content, in my opinion, is quite disingenuous.

Specifically, regarding their Stage One Pre-Workout product, they state the following:

We are a small team of fitness enthusiasts who noticed a big problem in the supplement industry: Lack of transparency. So we set out to make something better: Clean Victory. Our supplement company is 100% honest about our ingredients and dosages.
    Why is that important? Well, look at the supplement facts panel on your favorite pre-workout product and you'll most likely see the term "proprietary blend." Supplement companies want you to think this means they've created a special blend of ingredients that magically work together to deliver unique results. This blend is so amazing, they have the doses of each ingredient secret so no other company steals their formula.
    The truth is far less exciting – or noble. In reality, these blends are kept secret because they don’t want YOU to know how much (or how little) their products contain key ingredients. You might be paying a premium for little more than a caffeine rush.

Further, they add:
    STAGE ONE is also lower in caffeine (because we don’t need it)

If they "don't need it (caffeine)", then why do they add 250 milligrams per serving? As mentioned in an earlier post, this is equivalent to nearly 7 1/2 cans of Coca Cola Classic.

So, they declare that all one is buying when they use a competitor's product is a "caffeine rush", when in actuality that is exactly what one is purchasing or consuming when using their product.

The supplements game is all about deception and profit. But, hey.....perhaps that's just my opinion.

*https://www.cleanvictorysupplements.com/
    Shut up and take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This seems very logical.

I had no idea caffeine was regulated....I don't know much about this stuff but that seems silly to me.
    Understandable, but it is cheap, abundant, legal, and extremely effective with no recreational benefit (other than getting your burn on, which admittedly qualifies as recreation to some).

That’s why the rules are what they are.
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 02-01-2019 at 04:37 PM.

I was gonna play in the chip, then I got high.
    Gonna smack some Eagles around, but I got high.
    I guess caffeine isn't legit, and I know why.
    Because of this guy, because of this guy, cuz of this guy.

My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    For what its worth … I think there should be an independent investigation into this.
    Not one run by NDSU, one run by and headed by someone not beholden to NDSU (or the Robbins-es) and whose assignment is to get to the truth - as much as that might be possible (given that people will lie to cover their behind, or the ones who feed them).

By now, however, one could probably expect that the people who are worried have already taken steps to cover their steps, discard evidence, etc.

Other players should man up and speak out - some were there, if there is truth in what mama Robbins said. However, if they feel their scholarship (etc.) wd be at risk, they may not want to say anything. Most people will not go out on a limb and 'do the right thing' when doing so will cost them something (like a scholarship). I hate to be cynical, but …
    Being cynical is a choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Understandable, but it is cheap, abundant, legal, and extremely effective with no recreational benefit (other than getting your burn on, which admittedly qualifies as recreation to some).

That’s why the rules are what they are.
    The NCAA regulates it because it can result in health issues

It is not because it is performance enhancing

8 most dangerous caffeinated products on the market: https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeinated-killers

1. Pure caffeine powder (prohibited by the FDA)
    2. Pure liquid caffeine (prohibited by the FDA)
    3. Pre-workout supplement

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Why do they take it before they workout?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

So why the ridiculously large penalties? The NCAA is a joke, and their rules and enforcement are not applied uniformly.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The lack of knowledge about supplements and caffeine on here is alarming..... And pretty much in line with the general public. Kids literally die from caffeine overdose. It's not entirely uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    The lack of knowledge about supplements and caffeine on here is alarming..... And pretty much in line with the general public. Kids literally die from caffeine overdose. It's not entirely uncommon.
    My point is that if it wasn’t cheap, abundant, legal, and extremely effective, the NCAA wouldn't have to worry about kids taking it

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/f...erformance.pdf