Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Robbins

Default Re: Brock Robbins

People might want to watch what they are posting about someone's name and business until facts are known. Rumors are not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    People might want to watch what they are posting about someone's name and business until facts are known. Rumors are not facts.
    YoU mIgHt GeT sUeD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's what doesn't make sense to me. Mrs. Robbins says in the article, specifically quoted:

"These guys bringing it in that gives you a little energy, whatever it is, and Brock doesn’t think twice about it. Other players don’t think twice about it."

"And I thank God a bunch of those kids didn’t get pulled in (for random testing) because it was used throughout the locker room.”

"They brought it into the locker room, they told their kids to take it.”

So if you take her word at face value, how do you explain that just 1 player tested positive all throughout the playoffs (18 players randomly tested each game)? According to her, it must have been just dumb luck?!? Certainly something unfortunate happened with Brock specifically, but I'm not buying her version of (paraphrasing now) 'widespread use while Brock is being singled out'.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Here's what doesn't make sense to me. Mrs. Robbins says in the article, specifically quoted:

"These guys bringing it in that gives you a little energy, whatever it is, and Brock doesn’t think twice about it. Other players don’t think twice about it."

"And I thank God a bunch of those kids didn’t get pulled in (for random testing) because it was used throughout the locker room.”

"They brought it into the locker room, they told their kids to take it.”

So if you take her word at face value, how do you explain that just 1 player tested positive all throughout the playoffs (18 players randomly tested each game)? According to her, it must have been just dumb luck?!? Certainly something unfortunate happened with Brock specifically, but I'm not buying her version of (paraphrasing now) 'widespread use while Brock is being singled out'.
    This^^^. If there’s wide spread institutionalized use of whatever substance, we should see more positive tests??? Someone needs to help me understand this better.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

A year suspension is stupid for a "stimulant" that can be purchased by the general public.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    If that is indeed true Larsen and Ben Newman need to explain some shit.
    BN should. If this speculation is true, then what Matt Larsen said can make sense. If BN isn't a staff memeber, then it's true that NDSU doesn't supply supplements. I thought I heard once that Coach K paid BN but I could be remembering that wrong.

Crappy situation, especially for Brock, but don't forget that BN could have made an honest mistake in it as well.

Learn from it all and move on...probably need some policies and practices managing some of the extra people that hang around programs to guard against this sort of thing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I wonder if the undy football players are all dealing drugs like they were a couple of years ago. They think all our championships are tainted cause of 1 positive test. They truly do believe they walk on water. I see their haaaawwwky coach ran a mile to clear his head. I wonder how many lines of coke he snorted before he did that. I’m sure glad that they care so much about our sports programs. Maybe if they cared about theirs as much they would be able to win a championship

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    BN should. If this speculation is true, then what Matt Larsen said can make sense. If BN isn't a staff memeber, then it's true that NDSU doesn't supply supplements. I thought I heard once that Coach K paid BN but I could be remembering that wrong.

Crappy situation, especially for Brock, but don't forget that BN could have made an honest mistake in it as well.

Learn from it all and move on...probably need some policies and practices managing some of the extra people that hang around programs to guard against this sort of thing.
    If people know, it will come out. The BFPA isn't going to let this keep quiet. That's probably why Beck said something.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post

ML was also quoted as saying the substance was provided by a student-athlete.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It really doesn't make sense because ML said the substance was provided by a student-athlete.
    That's true. Unless said 'student-athlete' received it from BN. Who knows at this point.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!