Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 at 7 p.m. vs. Western Illinois

Default Re: 1/10 at 7 p.m. vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It is amazing what can happen when you can get to the rim and finish. You can not play the game of basketball outside the 3 point line for 90% of the time you have the ball. Can we continue to do that against better teams???????????? Time will tell but I am not optimistic, PLEASE Bison prove me wrong!!!!!
    I was not there in person last night but watched on tv. Did they say NDSU is 2nd in the country for team free throw percentage? Get to the rim and finish, if not make the free throws.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Trim is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I was not there in person last night but watched on tv. Did they say NDSU is 2nd in the country for team free throw percentage? Get to the rim and finish, if not make the free throws.
    I think I heard on the radio on the drive there NDSU was shooting 89%, so, it's possible. Kind of sounds like your FT% Meaty...
    "I'll whoop your ass boy!" -Ron Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Trim View Post
    I think I heard on the radio on the drive there NDSU was shooting 89%, so, it's possible. Kind of sounds like your FT% Meaty...
    Was not a Knights of Columbus Free Throw champ for no reason. Dominate the Standard.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Yes they said that on the tv broadcast. I agree if you can make 90% of your free throws, drive to the hoop and take the foul

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    So what you are saying then is that Augie would at least split with every Summit team? I don't agree with your comment.
    No. I'm saying they'd split with us. I don't believe we are able to split with every Summit team, and therefore neither would Augie.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

In basketball if you can win at home and win 50% on the road for conference play you have set yourself up for a good season.

WIU is not a very good team. Only 2 good players. Take what we can get and keep moving forward. I'd expect Denver to bounce back at home against us unfortunately, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    In basketball if you can win at home and win 50% on the road for conference play you have set yourself up for a good season.
    We've generally taken care of business at home so far. But I think we're only 1-9 away from the SHAC. We have some ground to make up.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    WIU is not a very good team. Only 2 good players. Take what we can get and keep moving forward. I'd expect Denver to bounce back at home against us unfortunately, however.
    WIU actually has 3 guys are pretty good, one just had a very poor night last night in Isaac Johnson but yeah they are definitely a subpar team so it was good we won by a fair margin. I watched a Denver game earlier this year when they played Northern Colorado (it was the only college game I could find on TV) and they did not look good at all. Rosga was out for that game but still, just didn't look good. They've had some close Summit games but haven't been able to pull any out. Denver is a tough place to play and we haven't played well there but I do think we match up well with them and it'll be a game to decide if we can actually win on the road and compete to be in the top half of the Summit or if we are gonna pull the ol Dave "it's tough to win on the road in this league" shit the rest of the season and finish in the bottom half. We played well last night, need to keep it up.

Not entirely sure where to put this but what a moment at halftime of the game where NDSU fan Landon Solberg was presented with his Make a Wish trip. Some of you may have seen the shirts over the past year but Landon is a local kid from WF who has been fighting a brain cancer. Keep Landon and his family in your thoughts and prayers, they received some pretty tough news to start this year. Landon's seen tumor progression of 20% since mid-November and has quite the battle ahead of him.