Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 at 7 p.m. vs. Western Illinois

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 1/10 at 7 p.m. vs. Western Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by bisonroom25 View Post
    no horn or cook in the first half. maybe this is richman “figuring out” the rotation?
    Or maybe its about getting other players back that were out with injuries??

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    If we dont keep our heads out of our butts, players and coaches, we could lose twice to the hawks and then how will we feel?
    Dr. Jones lost his felon, crandal, but he still puts a good team and a better game plan and system on the court than richman
    typically does.... we only beat them when we had L. A.? and Paul Miller?
    We could also beat the F'n hawks twice and feel pretty good about it!!

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd feel just excellent if we beat the cocks twice this year...
    Dont you feel bad that they dont even have a TV station in town there anymore?
    Since patsweeney hit the social security circuit finally the rivalry in the press is finished, thank god.
    He had a can of gas wherever he went, today that could be called terrorism
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    So I try pretty consistently to not be unrealistic and annoying about Augie, but watching 20+ minutes of this game tonight and reading stats like this, I find it hard to believe Augie can't be at least competitive in the Summit League to the degree that WIU is "competitive."

Right?

I'm sure the anti-Augie group will gladly articulate why that sentiment is dumb, but if Augie can't at least get to WIU's level (or, as I'm obviously hoping desperately, better), I will be really surprised.

Also, I'm not trying to hijack this thread and turn this into any sort of Augie D1 discussion, I was just watching the game tonight and this was the thought that popped into my head after 5-10 minutes. Seeing the stat quoted above just motivated me to log in and comment about it.
    I, for one, have never thought Augustana couldn't compete in Summit basketball. I think this year's Augie team would beat this year's NDSU team 5 times out of 10. Of course, that's not saying much for how you'd fare against better conference foes. But in any case, I don't think you'd be in the Summit basement.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Saw some good things from our guys last night. Really liked the sharper ball movement with the pass instead of stationary or weave dribbling. We even pushed the pace and attacked the rim in transition a couple times. Tyson was a stud. Our bigs played well all over the court. Enjoyable game to watch and maybe some confidence for next week on the road.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I'll take any positive I can get with this team and last night was a positive step. That said WIU is now 7-51 in road games since the start of 2015/16 (I believe that's the stat I heard on the pregame show last night) so they'll need to build on this in order to beat better teams on the road.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I, for one, have never thought Augustana couldn't compete in Summit basketball. I think this year's Augie team would beat this year's NDSU team 5 times out of 10. Of course, that's not saying much for how you'd fare against better conference foes. But in any case, I don't think you'd be in the Summit basement.
    So what you are saying then is that Augie would at least split with every Summit team? I don't agree with your comment.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still don't like Quayle playing 20 minutes and Horn playing 2 but it's now evident pulling Knotek's redshirt was a waste and I don't think Cook is quite there yet defensively. Getting Cam back hopefully for UND next weekend will round out the 10 player rotation and those two guys won't be in it anymore. It'll be nice to give Vinny a bit more of a breather than he's had, help keep him fresh for the whole season.

It is amazing what can happen when you can get to the rim and finish. You can not play the game of basketball outside the 3 point line for 90% of the time you have the ball. Can we continue to do that against better teams???????????? Time will tell but I am not optimistic, PLEASE Bison prove me wrong!!!!!