Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iowa State Dual - 9 Jan 19

Default Iowa State Dual - 9 Jan 19

How did this match/dual turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Default Re: Iowa State Dual - 9 Jan 19

Iowa State thumped us badly.

The Pitt dual today was competitive, but they won almost all of the close matches and the dual.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Iowa State thumped us badly.

The Pitt dual today was competitive, but they won almost all of the close matches and the dual.
    Thanks. Saw the ISU outcome and was curious about Pitt. Having decent year tho, no?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Yeah, they've beaten two B10 teams and only lost dual they shouldn't have (West Virginia).

Fleetwood has a good chance to become an All American. Sykora is right there with top 10 guys, but can't quite beat them yet, and should contend to AA. Fogarty and Weber have shown considerable talent, albeit in very few chances for Weber. Eaton has looked like an NCAA qualifier most of the year too. De La Riva and Metz have a punchers chance of going to NCAAs too.

Yeah, they've beaten two B10 teams and only lost dual they shouldn't have (West Virginia).

Fleetwood has a good chance to become an All American. Sykora is right there with top 10 guys, but can't quite beat them yet, and should contend to AA. Fogarty and Weber have shown considerable talent, albeit in very few chances for Weber. Eaton has looked like an NCAA qualifier most of the year too. De La Riva and Metz have a punchers chance of going to NCAAs too.
    Why did I have higher expectations for Metz? Good on his feet (Greco) but not solid elsewhere? Not dissing on the kid, just curious where he needs to improve?

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why did I have higher expectations for Metz? Good on his feet (Greco) but not solid elsewhere? Not dissing on the kid, just curious where he needs to improve?

He needs to improve on the mat. There have been numerous times where he has ridden guys for under 15 seconds and it appears like he doesn't want to try to ride or turn. He's been ridden by some guys too, but has seemed to improve on bottom some.

On his feet, he has shown flashes in regards to shooting, throwing, ties, and defense, but he hasn't quite figured out when to pull the trigger with what. That is something that should improve with more matches against elite competition.

Luke Weber looks like a good transfer in a position of need this year. Next year Franek will be wrestling and so I don't know what will happen. At the Daktronics I watched Webber beat soundly 2 Minnesota backups and then lose to their starter in the finals by 1 point.

Does anybody know how Sammy Colbray was able to count 2016-17 as a redshirt year? I thought they had to pull it when he came out and wrestled Tynan at 285 in our dual meet, and I always thought that it was a bizarre decision, because it was his only dual of the season.

I think they're banking on a medical redshirt. I don't think it is/can be counted yet, but will likely be granted

I think they're banking on a medical redshirt. I don't think it is/can be counted yet, but will likely be granted
    I don't know how those rules work, but wrestlestat shows he had quite a few matches that season in open tournaments. It looks like he had 10 more matches, after I filter out the duplicates. But, it does look like his season only lasted two weeks, so maybe that factors in.