Thread: Bianchi Transfer

Default Bianchi Transfer

It looks like Bianchi is going to UALR.

https://twitter.com/cpbianchi?lang=en

I've been wondering about this since I saw his brother was going there, and when I saw that Midkiff was dropping down to 57 kg for free-style.

Default Re: Bianchi Transfer

Losing Bianchi stings, but I'd rather have Midkiff and his three years of eligibility at 125. If Bianchi is the only significant loss to transfer, I'm fine with it. Hoping Sutton is back next year.

It could be worse, SDSU lost national champion to Wisconsin yesterday. The writing seemed to be on the wall pretty much from the moment Bono took the job in WIsconsin, but it still has to sting for the bunnies.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Losing Bianchi stings, but I'd rather have Midkiff and his three years of eligibility at 125. If Bianchi is the only significant loss to transfer, I'm fine with it. Hoping Sutton is back next year.

It could be worse, SDSU lost national champion to Wisconsin yesterday. The writing seemed to be on the wall pretty much from the moment Bono took the job in WIsconsin, but it still has to sting for the bunnies.
    Isn't that where the Burwick kid from Hettinger is going as well? That Bono knows what he is doing.

Plus they brought in another big time light weight recruit in Eric Barnett.

My guess is Barnett is the 125er this year for Wisconsin then he goes up to 133 after Gross departs.

I am stunned that SDSU would have filled out the paperwork for Gross to request his 6th year. With all the controversy surrounding how Gross sat out and Bono's involvement with that, I am shocked that they did this.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBison View Post
    My guess is Barnett is the 125er this year for Wisconsin then he goes up to 133 after Gross departs.

I am stunned that SDSU would have filled out the paperwork for Gross to request his 6th year. With all the controversy surrounding how Gross sat out and Bono's involvement with that, I am shocked that they did this.
    When I saw your message about Barnett, my first thought was 'what about Connor Brown?'. I knew he was out of the line-up, but I didn't realize that he wasn't on their roster anymore.

I would be a little bitter about Gross if I were an SDSU fan. But I don't feel too bad for them since they have another high profile coach and a freshman AA contender.