Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrestling facilities

Default Re: Wrestling facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Maybe, but again, right now, it's mostly about having a great RTC to get great recruits. Here are some articles that might help explain what is going on at the DI level of college wrestling and the reality of how far back NDSU is in the arms race:

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...dden-arms-race

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...b#.WYCaatMrKu4

I don't know where Penn State alumni make so much money, but they sure love giving the school a lot of it.
    Penn State is closer to New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo than NDSU is to Minneapolis.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Default Re: Wrestling facilities

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Penn State is closer to New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Buffalo than NDSU is to Minneapolis.
    Yes, that's true. My comment, and I should have elaborated about it more, was a snarky statement towards their donors. I understand the big donations that sports like football and basketball get, but Penn State alumni go pretty crazy for their niche sports also. Their club hockey team became a full time varsity sport and the prestige of the WCHA ended overnight because of one donor. In regards to wrestling, I'm not sure how many donors are giving back, but it is smashing the other power wrestling schools. I just hope that they don't abuse the money they have to attracts recruits ruins the RTC system. I would hate to see the NCAA shut down a system has been a huge impact on the success of our country's Junior and Senior Freestyle World Teams. Before the system was integrated, we were struggling to finish top-ten in at the World Championships. Less than a decade later, we're now competing with Russia and Iran for the team title each year in both age-groups.
    Hail the BISON!!!