Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Cost us 1 in 2016.

JMU had a 4th and 4 in the third after a Robbie pick and we had momentum again. Trotted Cam out for a 50 yard field goal instead of going for the kill. Put Cam in a bad position.
    Was just thinking if this today. I thought they should have either gone for it or pinned JMU deep with a punt. FG was a terrible decision.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Alabama going for it was absolutely the right call for so many reasons, I would have liked coach k to go for it instead of the fg but understood why he did. You can't make the players execute.
    Reminds me of one of my favorite football quotes: “What do you think of your team’s execution coach?” To which McKay replied, “I’m in favor of it.”
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There were a number of things that lost the game in 2016. Klieman is a smart coach. Some of you mistake that for not having balls. When you put the better team on the field every game, you can have the luxury of playing it safe and smart. Four championships says enough. Some of you are sounding like the ungrateful brats on the JMU board.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Was just thinking if this today. I thought they should have either gone for it or pinned JMU deep with a punt. FG was a terrible decision.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Going back to the conservative power run that JMU was consistently stopping also was a problem as opposed to sticking with the change of direction plays. Those type of plays helped NDSU overcome a 17-0 deficit.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Cost us 1 in 2016.

JMU had a 4th and 4 in the third after a Robbie pick and we had momentum again. Trotted Cam out for a 50 yard field goal instead of going for the kill. Put Cam in a bad position.
    I guess that proves he is a lousy coach. Incredible. I give up.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In other news, that Trevor Lawrence kid can play football.

Cost us 1 in 2016.

Seriously????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Nice fake by Nick
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Nice fake by Nick
    Offense is struggling. Needed to do something

Cost us 1 in 2016.

Big difference between a 50 yard and 25 yard fg. It was wrong call in 16 because of the length. Right call this year. It was a chip shot. If we went for it and were stopped you would all be bitching about klieman not kicking it