Page 20 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ha, after reading it again I finally caught the sarcasm. My mistake and apologies.
    Do we have a sarcasm font?
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Do we have a sarcasm font?
    Yes, and I find it ironic given my signature line.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

A couple of notes about Eastern Washington.

1) I was impressed that they didn't quit. The 10 min drive could be demoralizing, but they kept fighting.
    2) I thought their offensive line held up really well. They seemed to keep their qb fairly clean. Granted, we had a fairly controlled pass rush because the QB was elusive, but I thought they played well.
    3) They did a decent job on defense, making adjustments to our running game. I came into the game expecting huge gaping holes. I don't think Dunn made it to 100 yards, so they tightened things down a bit.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Ewu’s defense put on one of, if not their best performances of the season yesterday. I thought the offense could bully them.

The problem with the field goal was the angle. At the 5 yard line on the right hashmark is a tough field goal attempt. We won and that is all that manners

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Ewu’s defense put on one of, if not their best performances of the season yesterday. I thought the offense could bully them.
    I thought it was more conservative play calling on our part every time we got a two score lead than it was adjustments made by EWU.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Badger View Post
    The problem with the field goal was the angle. At the 5 yard line on the right hashmark is a tough field goal attempt. We won and that is all that manners
    Has it ever happened, where a team has a close weird angle FG, so they purposefully take a delay of game penalty to back up a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Learned a few things from some insufferable EWU fans here after the game:

1. NDSU really wasn’t that good.
    2. EWU blew the game.
    3. The refs cost them the game.

I don’t know how anyone else felt, but I never felt the game was in jeopardy, they just weren’t good enough. They played with a lot of heart, but just weren’t good enough to make enough plays despite a lack luster performance by NDSU. And their QB was fast and that was about it. He was baited bad into both int’s. He just wasn’t good enough to beat us with his arm.
    There are always some d-bag folks out there, but all of EWU fans we encountered were really pleasant folks (before the game and after). After the game, EWU folks were congratulating us fans, high-fives for people headed down to the field, taking photos with Bison fans (admittedly that part was a bit weird), etc. There was one unexceptional guy that started the game by flipping us off as the cheering and yelling started (we were behind the EWU allotment area) but he quickly settled down. Sorry that you had the privilege of encountering the insufferable folks.

That trick play on the FG was epic (unfortunately it worked) and essentially kept EWU in the game. From the stands everyone was debating what happened and if it was legal (it was). The replays shown in the stadium did not shed much light on the play. Looking at it later online, the play was executed perfectly to the point the shovel pass sync'd with the kicker's leg movement.

The officiating crew did a good job in my opinion. They let the teams play. Yeah, there probably some holding calls not made but that went both ways. The only call I saw that seemed wrong (in person directly in front of me, at full speed, by a stands fan) was the offensive pass interference against NDSU. It will probably be there when I get around to watching the game again on TV.

Overall, that was a good game to attend and, of course, the good guys won.

Hail the Bison.

Thank you seniors.

Thank you Klieman- have questioned some of the in game management but that is just one component of coaching and one of the few we see as fans.

His team management, recruiting, and relationship building appear phenomenal. Guy does what he says. He has the ability to bring in really good people around him, and now the dollars to support it. Guessing he is aware of some of his deficits and will bring in people to shore that up.

He did a lot in Fargo filling new staff right off and made adjustments with staff while here.

Once a Bison. Best wishes at KState. I think he will do very well.

See you in 2023 Coach K. (Speculation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    There are always some d-bag folks out there, but all of EWU fans we encountered were really pleasant folks (before the game and after). After the game, EWU folks were congratulating us fans, high-fives for people headed down to the field, taking photos with Bison fans (admittedly that part was a bit weird), etc. There was one unexceptional guy that started the game by flipping us off as the cheering and yelling started (we were behind the EWU allotment area) but he quickly settled down. Sorry that you had the privilege of encountering the insufferable folks.

That trick play on the FG was epic (unfortunately it worked) and essentially kept EWU in the game. From the stands everyone was debating what happened and if it was legal (it was). The replays shown in the stadium did not shed much light on the play. Looking at it later online, the play was executed perfectly to the point the shovel pass sync'd with the kicker's leg movement.

The officiating crew did a good job in my opinion. They let the teams play. Yeah, there probably some holding calls not made but that went both ways. The only call I saw that seemed wrong (in person directly in front of me, at full speed, by a stands fan) was the offensive pass interference against NDSU. It will probably be there when I get around to watching the game again on TV.

Overall, that was a good game to attend and, of course, the good guys won.
    We stayed at the Westin which happened to be where the EWU team stayed, so we had lots of EWU fans talk to us after the game. I’d say about half of them were insufferable, but even the ones that were decent brought up the officiating.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck