Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Tag, your it.
    I'm not trying to take any jabs at anyone. Just conversation.

I would have preferred that we go for it in that situation. To me, the potential benefits far outweighed the negatives in that situation.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Worst coaching performance in a championship game in the NDSU FCS era.
    Well that's somewhat true,...:
    1. Fake Field goal - everyone in our house said they need more points, this might be a fake, and so it was.....omg, special teams in 2 Natty's in a row, not good!
    2. 2 stalled offensive drives in 4th qtr, - so predictable play calling, EWU knew we would just run and take no chances, 3 and out, 3 and out - that won't fly in Manhattan...
    3. 10minute drive from hell - OUTSTANDING WOW! in a Nat.Title Game, but couldn't put points on the board...thank God we had 14 point cushion.
    4. After missed chip shot - guess what EWU is going to do, throw some deep balls fast, MAtt Entz - WHAT the Hell are you doing not putting Cox in the Middle of the field to stop some of those massive sink holes in the field... so they fly free untouched? No one in the middle lots of the game? REALLY! We got lucky EWU made mistakes....

5. Lastly - THANK YOU HERD - EASTON for being one tough SOB. Throws 3 TDS and runs 2 in, incredible stats in a title game and it wasn't our best, SDSU was THE GAME!
    We left lots on the field, yet the lack of experience of the other team helped give us some breaks, but that's not our fault, EWU not a disciplined team for having 27 seniors....

So us Bison Fans have to quit being so picky, take a 14 point win and enjoy it right? Its tough when you expect perfection every week....

Its been a fun run for the past 8 years......can we get 4 more NATTYs in 4 years....? why not.

Go Bison, Be Herd,
    Nodak Bisman

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I'm not trying to take any jabs at anyone. Just conversation.

I would have preferred that we go for it in that situation. To me, the potential benefits far outweighed the negatives in that situation.
    I understand. Personally, I would have been okay either way.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    That's what has me confused. Aren't you one of the proponents of always going for it on 4th down inside the 50? If the numbers say that going for it is statistically more beneficial, the game situation shouldn't matter.
    I'm not always for just about anything.

The Game situation matters quite a bit sometimes.

Any number of points there ends the game. A first down also ends the game. 95 percent chance to make the kick. Less than that to get a first down. That ignores some sublties but it seems pretty straight forward to me.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Kicking the field goal was absolutely the right call. A chip shot to make it a three possession game with 3:00 to play. Easy to question that call after he missed.
    That ten minute plus drive was beautiful but we came await with nothing. You can watch a lot of football and not see anything like that ever again.
    We had multiple chances to go up three scores during the game. I thought our offense was ultra conservative when we had the ball with a two score lead.
    I was thinking the same about getting nothing from that drive, but then I realized we came away from that drive without their offense being on the field for ten minutes.

So what's next? Eight would be Great?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I saw that happen in the ‘84 Natty and we ended up losing as a result. We’d have 16 Natty’s but for trying to make a feel-good story with Sr’s. It’s a contest to win, not manufacture storylines. Those make themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel that is how the field goal call came. Klieman is leaving, the seniors are gone soon. Just my thoughts, so happy for the team and seniors

Quote Originally Posted by bisonlax44 View Post
    So what's next? Eight would be Great?
    What do we think we're We Fest

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Learned a few things from some insufferable EWU fans here after the game:

1. NDSU really wasn’t that good.
    2. EWU blew the game.
    3. The refs cost them the game.

I don’t know how anyone else felt, but I never felt the game was in jeopardy, they just weren’t good enough. They played with a lot of heart, but just weren’t good enough to make enough plays despite a lack luster performance by NDSU. And their QB was fast and that was about it. He was baited bad into both int’s. He just wasn’t good enough to beat us with his arm.
    Happens every year. My favorite is the dork saying ndsu isnt unbeatable after going 15-0.
    Ewus defense did well. Running back was tough. QB was below impressive besides a few throws, he looked immature out there.

They'll be back because of the bad big sky. Probably a top 4 seed again.

Im happy it wasn't decided at halftime

EWU is one of the better teams the Bison have played in Frisco...always respect your opponent. Everybody that thought we would steamroll them was obviously wrong. Then, those same people claim the Bison played poorly forgetting that there was actually another good team on the field that had a lot to do with the Bison's "poor play".

What about all of the spoiled fans who have been clamoring for closer games? Were they happy when there was actually a chance the game could be lost? I can only imagine the clamor to "fire Klieman"! Lol!

The FCS national championship is one of the hardest titles to win in all of sports. Period. Just ask all of those other teams not named NDSU. Every championship is deserved, no matter if it is won by a single point or 40, and not nearly enough credit is given to the runner-up.