Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I agree for the most part but going for it and not converting would have put EWU inside the 5 to start with instead of the 25.
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    Thank you for the correction. I believe they would have tried running out but I do remember two plays earlier this year where I was waiting for a safety and all I got was the other team getting a big play or scoring on the next play.

Sad really.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I agree for the most part but going for it and not converting would have put EWU inside the 5 to start with instead of the 25.
    Don't get me wrong. I am certainly not saying that going for the 1st down would have been a bad decision. I'm just saying that it is my opinion that kicking was MORE advantageous. Didn't work out. Won't ever know if the other call would have worked out or not.

Now.....they did take the ball 80 yards on 4 plays immediately after the miss. Could they have covered 94 yards that quickly or close to it? (hypothetically assuming that they stuffed the 4th down play) Maybe.....again.....we'll never know. One of the many beautiful things about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    FG attempt was the right decision every time in that situation. Let's say they did go for it and turned over on downs. EWU's play selection would probably been different from the five. They might have still sliced up the defense, but I think it would have chewed up some time getting it out from so deep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I am certainly not saying that going for the 1st down would have been a bad decision. I'm just saying that it is my opinion that kicking was MORE advantageous. Didn't work out. Won't ever know if the other call would have worked out or not.

Now.....they did take the ball 80 yards on 4 plays immediately after the miss. Could they have covered 94 yards that quickly or close to it? (hypothetically assuming that they stuffed the 4th down play) Maybe.....again.....we'll never know. One of the many beautiful things about football.
    Either decision is fine in that situation. One thing to consider, Cam is a senior and Coach K probably wanted the seniors to have their shot in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    that left tackle for EWU could have been called for holding on every play... and they were all obvious.. have never seen that before in a game.. They kept talking about escapeability?? yeah my 48 yr old ass could escape with that kind of hold on the edge..
    Quoted for truth. Unbelievable how our D ends were getting mugged all game and no flags were thrown.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would have been fine with either 4th down call. I can see the advantage of going for it and trying to run down more time. However, the FG is a high probability from that distance and a made FG makes it a 3 score game. I was happy with the decision either way, because both choices were logical. I just got annoyed by those who considered the FG choice to be bad coaching. Bad coaching doesn't net you 7 championships in 8 years. It also was a logical and smart coaching decision.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    FG attempt was the right decision every time in that situation. Let's say they did go for it and turned over on downs. EWU's play selection would probably been different from the five. They might have still sliced up the defense, but I think it would have chewed up some time getting it out from so deep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't have a problem with the FG. And as far as starting from the 5, only the shadow knows if it would have made any difference.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I love irony. Visit the EWU fan board and they complain about the NDSU holding and the refs looking the other way. In addition, they were sloppy, didn't play their best and even used the "shooting ourselves in the foot" reference. Even the poor coaching decision for the 3rd string QB getting into the game. Did I mention I love irony?
    Paul Fix

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m hoping to see some gold in the crowd of the Cowboys/Seahawks game. Any Bison fans there?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.