Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmakesthegrassgrow View Post
    Bet they're a better team now than they were then.
    I agree with you there fo sho.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did Stick really rush for all 3 rushing TDs? The stat sheet says so...

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

McPherson was a beast and Barriere will improve. EWU was tougher than I thought, but Bison toughed it out today--better prepared in all phases and Easton would not be denied. Best of luck to the seniors and Klieman. Now lots of time to discuss the 2019 version of the Bison that we'll see in about 8 months. Reversion to the mean or continuation of excellence, despite the graduation of a large senior class?
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Maybe it was his doppelganger. He also led the team in rushing with 128 yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How can the guy who scored 5 TDs not be the MOP?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Yup....
    Pederson was 83/85 for the season on PAT kicks. (20 yards)
    The missed FG was from 23.
    And yes....it was the first and only game on grass this season....but still.....83/85. (including 3/3 today)
    How many of those PATs were from the right hash?

The fact that a right footed kicker on the right hash that close can’t see what you’re aiming for, the ball will usually hook right to left, and trying to pull the ball across your body make that kick a lot more difficult than most folks realize. I’m sure the solid footing <purplez> provided by the grass helped make a difficult kick even easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    How many of those PATs were from the right hash?

The fact that a right footed kicker on the right hash that close can’t see what you’re aiming for, the ball will usually hook right to left, and trying to pull the ball across your body make that kick a lot more difficult than most folks realize. I’m sure the solid footing <purplez> provided by the grass helped make a difficult kick even easier.
    1) NONE of the PATs were from the right hash.

2) It was a hook alright. But I don't think that field position was COMPLETELY to blame.....It was either a poor hold or he just flat out miss-hit it....because it was a real shanker.

3) For those familiar with a college football practice, place kickers spend oodles of time in relative solitude. They spend countless hours practice kicking from every conceivable position, angle, and distance.

4) Cam is a senior......He's been doing the aforementioned for a looonnng time and has been an important part of the program. He earned the right to be called upon in that situation.

5) He missed a field goal. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad player.

6) My point is: It was a prudent decision to attempt a field goal in that particular situation.

How can the guy who scored 5 TDs not be the MOP?
    Ballots due with 5 min left in game. Also, 2 picks. Also it's the media and shep is a good story.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    1) NONE of the PATs were from the right hash.

2) It was a hook alright. But I don't think that field position was COMPLETELY to blame.....It was either a poor hold or he just flat out miss-hit it....because it was a real shanker.

3) For those familiar with a college football practice, place kickers spend oodles of time in relative solitude. They spend countless hours practice kicking from every conceivable position, angle, and distance.

4) Cam is a senior......He's been doing the aforementioned for a looonnng time and has been an important part of the program. He earned the right to be called upon in that situation.

5) He missed a field goal. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad player.

6) My point is: It was a prudent decision to attempt a field goal in that particular situation.
    I agree for the most part but going for it and not converting would have put EWU inside the 5 to start with instead of the 25.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS