Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 412

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    6,144

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I agree for the most part but going for it and not converting would have put EWU inside the 5 to start with instead of the 25.
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Turtle Mountains
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    Thank you for the correction. I believe they would have tried running out but I do remember two plays earlier this year where I was waiting for a safety and all I got was the other team getting a big play or scoring on the next play.

    Sad really.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,363

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I agree for the most part but going for it and not converting would have put EWU inside the 5 to start with instead of the 25.
    Don't get me wrong. I am certainly not saying that going for the 1st down would have been a bad decision. I'm just saying that it is my opinion that kicking was MORE advantageous. Didn't work out. Won't ever know if the other call would have worked out or not.

    Now.....they did take the ball 80 yards on 4 plays immediately after the miss. Could they have covered 94 yards that quickly or close to it? (hypothetically assuming that they stuffed the 4th down play) Maybe.....again.....we'll never know. One of the many beautiful things about football.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    6,782

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    FG attempt was the right decision every time in that situation. Let's say they did go for it and turned over on downs. EWU's play selection would probably been different from the five. They might have still sliced up the defense, but I think it would have chewed up some time getting it out from so deep.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Temple of Ralph/Doom
    Posts
    5,627

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I am certainly not saying that going for the 1st down would have been a bad decision. I'm just saying that it is my opinion that kicking was MORE advantageous. Didn't work out. Won't ever know if the other call would have worked out or not.

    Now.....they did take the ball 80 yards on 4 plays immediately after the miss. Could they have covered 94 yards that quickly or close to it? (hypothetically assuming that they stuffed the 4th down play) Maybe.....again.....we'll never know. One of the many beautiful things about football.
    Either decision is fine in that situation. One thing to consider, Cam is a senior and Coach K probably wanted the seniors to have their shot in the game.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SC ND
    Posts
    3,647

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    that left tackle for EWU could have been called for holding on every play... and they were all obvious.. have never seen that before in a game.. They kept talking about escapeability?? yeah my 48 yr old ass could escape with that kind of hold on the edge..
    Quoted for truth. Unbelievable how our D ends were getting mugged all game and no flags were thrown.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    782

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    I would have been fine with either 4th down call. I can see the advantage of going for it and trying to run down more time. However, the FG is a high probability from that distance and a made FG makes it a 3 score game. I was happy with the decision either way, because both choices were logical. I just got annoyed by those who considered the FG choice to be bad coaching. Bad coaching doesn't net you 7 championships in 8 years. It also was a logical and smart coaching decision.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    6,144

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    FG attempt was the right decision every time in that situation. Let's say they did go for it and turned over on downs. EWU's play selection would probably been different from the five. They might have still sliced up the defense, but I think it would have chewed up some time getting it out from so deep.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't have a problem with the FG. And as far as starting from the 5, only the shadow knows if it would have made any difference.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."


  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    6,144

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    I love irony. Visit the EWU fan board and they complain about the NDSU holding and the refs looking the other way. In addition, they were sloppy, didn't play their best and even used the "shooting ourselves in the foot" reference. Even the poor coaching decision for the 3rd string QB getting into the game. Did I mention I love irony?
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,471

    Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

    I’m hoping to see some gold in the crowd of the Cowboys/Seahawks game. Any Bison fans there?
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •