Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Great day to be a Bison...#7..glorious weather..game was nerve-wracking, but will remember much about it compared to our blowouts..rushing the field never gets old.. Came home and watched the dvr'd pregame show and thought they did a much better job as it was all about the FCS Champ game and not Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    There is something that those penalty numbers aren't showing. EWU had 93 yards in plays wiped out in the first quarter and 104 for the game plus the penalties. I could have overlooked something but I didn't see losses for the Bison other than the penalty yards.
    Wasn't there an offensive pass interference call where we lost some yardage?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    There is something that those penalty numbers aren't showing. EWU had 93 yards in plays wiped out in the first quarter and 104 for the game plus the penalties. I could have overlooked something but I didn't see losses for the Bison other than the penalty yards.
    So their cheating was effective, except they got caught.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by SkiMerlin View Post
    Wasn't there an offensive pass interference call where we lost some yardage?
    Good catch---6 yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Ewu’s defense put on one of, if not their best performances of the season yesterday. I thought the offense could bully them.
    I think it could if we would have used more than 1/3rd of it.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    We stayed at the Westin which happened to be where the EWU team stayed, so we had lots of EWU fans talk to us after the game. I’d say about half of them were insufferable, but even the ones that were decent brought up the officiating.
    I wish all these officiating experts would help us and join us. So many areas of the country are losing officials and not recruiting enough to replace them. Youth leagues are really struggling to find officials and high schools are having to move games to Thursday and Saturday to find enough officials to cover the games.

Once you get over the learning hump the fans and coaches abusing you doesn't bother you as much because you know they are probably wrong and it doesn't matter what they say. It becomes a craft you work at the continually be better and you become a part of a fraternity of people with a similar passion. And you get to be a key part of a great sport.

Anyone at any age can start but especially those on their early 20s should consider it. If you love it and put in your time you have a shot of making it to Division I or even the NFL. Please send me a PM if you or someone you know might be remotely interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    So their cheating was effective, except they got caught.
    The biggest play called back (think it went for 50) in first half was for 5 players in the backfield—an alignment issue basically—and had no effect on the outcome of the play. There was another, similar call that went for 15-20, again, that had no effect on outcome of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The biggest play called back (think it went for 50) in first half was for 5 players in the backfield—an alignment issue basically—and had no effect on the outcome of the play. There was another, similar call that went for 15-20, again, that had no effect on outcome of play.

I knew that, but I am ignoring him tonight. By the by, you still owe me an e-mail.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Is it possible having 5 in the backfield is the reason there was a blown coverage?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I wish all these officiating experts would help us and join us. So many areas of the country are losing officials and not recruiting enough to replace them. Youth leagues are really struggling to find officials and high schools are having to move games to Thursday and Saturday to find enough officials to cover the games.

Once you get over the learning hump the fans and coaches abusing you doesn't bother you as much because you know they are probably wrong and it doesn't matter what they say. It becomes a craft you work at the continually be better and you become a part of a fraternity of people with a similar passion. And you get to be a key part of a great sport.

Anyone at any age can start but especially those on their early 20s should consider it. If you love it and put in your time you have a shot of making it to Division I or even the NFL. Please send me a PM if you or someone you know might be remotely interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I also wish that those that complain about officials would reflect internally. EWU was highly penalized all year, averaging 8 or 9 per game. Seems their coaches could have addressed that at some point during the year before it bit them in the ass.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck