Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    2013 and 2018

No team proved the ability to do it that year.
    The 2013 team was down 23-10 to UNI at the end of 3 quarters and scored a touchdown with less than 3 minutes left. Sounds beatable to me.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Watching the replay of the onside kick...…….

On the first attempt (Bison offsides penalty), if Ben Ellefson doesn't make that great block on EWU's Sam McPherson, he (McPherson) has a good chance of grabbing the ball out of the air on the run. Darrius Shepherd would have had a hard time stopping, changing direction, and catching him.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Watching the replay of the onside kick...…….

On the first attempt (Bison offsides penalty), if Ben Ellefson doesn't make that great block on EWU's Sam McPherson, he (McPherson) has a good chance of grabbing the ball out of the air on the run. Darrius Shepherd would have had a hard time stopping, changing direction, and catching him.
    Can't advance an onsides kick as the kicking team.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Can't advance an onsides kick as the kicking team.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Oh......was not aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The 2013 team was down 23-10 to UNI at the end of 3 quarters and scored a touchdown with less than 3 minutes left. Sounds beatable to me.
    Were they beat? Did UNI prove they could by beating them?

A football game is 60 minutes long. I was at that game in 2013. Bison had more yards, first downs and dominated the TOP. They were the better football team. UNI kept it close, but getting close only matters in horseshoes.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Oh......was not aware of that.
    Kicking team can't advance ANY kick (kickoff, punt, try or FG) unless it's a scrimmage kick that has not crossed the neutral zone. The kick ends when it is possessed by either team or is otherwise dead by rule. So if the receiving team possesses it and then fumbles it, it's no longer a kick and recovery by the kicking team allows them to advance it. If a punt or FG or try is blocked and the kicking team recovers it before it crosses the neutral zone, they can advance it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Were they beat? Did UNI prove they could by beating them?

A football game is 60 minutes long. I was at that game in 2013. Bison had more yards, first downs and dominated the TOP. They were the better football team. UNI kept it close, but getting close only matters in horseshoes.
    Yesterday the Bison had more yards, first downs, and dominated the TOP. And yet you think EWU that lost by 14 proved that the Bison were beatable. Okay.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Take a look at the last EWU drive where they scored quickly, on about the 2nd play of that drive the slot receiver on the right lined up off sides and there was no flag.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    And yet you think EWU that lost by 14 proved that the Bison were beatable. Okay.
    When did I say that????

Ya I mean after never leading for a single second in the game, spending 45 minutes of the game being down two scores, have a 20 to 40 minute TOP battle, giving up nearly 500 yards of offense, having fewer first downs and losing the turnover battle really showed everyone that the Bison were beatable this year...
    When did I say that????
    Ha, after reading it again I finally caught the sarcasm. My mistake and apologies.
    Paul Fix