Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison4Life View Post
    So why did Eastern get the ball at the 20? The holder was the 14 and I can’t remember in college does it go to the original line of scrimmage or where the holder is.
    I believe it always goes to the 20 if the try is inside of that yard line.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So why did Eastern get the ball at the 20? The holder was the 14 and I can’t remember in college does it go to the original line of scrimmage or where the holder is.
    If the ball is snapped inside the 20 B will next snap at the 20. If it's snapped outside the 20 the ball will be placed at the previous spot. Both assume the miss was not touched by B beyond the neutral zone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If the ball is snapped inside the 20 B will next snap at the 20. If it's snapped outside the 20 the ball will be placed at the previous spot. Both assume the miss was not touched by B beyond the neutral zone.

Basicly a touchback then

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Basicly a touchback then
    Only if snapped inside the 20. Miss snapped at the 27 will next be snapped at the 27.

High school rule difference...ball snapped at the 35 and is short so it rolls dead or downed at the 3. Ball next snapped by B at the 3! A FG is essentially a punt that can score. Most missed FGs go into the end zone so they are touchbacks and next snapped at the 20.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is the Barbecue Bowl curse completely debunked?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Good catch---6 yards.
    6 yards and a first down in their territory.

I was thinking about something kind of related today: You could make a pretty good (and long) highlight reel of all the times NDSU has had TDs called back in the last five years.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm sure ewu will come up with some pretty nice runner up shirts

Lardsin must go!

This is a pretty cool picture I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The previous play ended at the right side of the field and hence, why the ball was placed on the right hash mark. If a play ends somewhere between the hash marks, that’s where the next play begins.

Due to how wide college football keeps its hash marks compared to the NFL, those short FGs are tougher when kicking from the hashes. If you stand by where the kick takes place and look at the angle of where the uprights are, it’s like trying a rugby kick. That’s why in college, some teams try to get the ball backed up five yards with a delay of game.

As far as the call of going for the FG or going for a first down, I was hoping they went for it which got me some dirty, “are you dumb” looks from those around me at the game. Either way was fine, but the soft, weak defense NDSU went into afterwards was what disappointed me, not the miss or not getting the first down.

Also, if you got a chance to go on the field afterwards, you got to feel how slick and soft the surface was. Maybe the new tarp they use needs to be off longer to dry the top soil a bit.

Lastly, you’re absolutely correct, Winning Championships never gets old!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    I meant NDSU should have run the ball to the left on third down to center the ball between the hashes for the FG attempt. Pretty standard practice when positioning for a FG attempt at close range. I think it was a poor play call not to in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is a pretty cool picture I thought.
    Wow...I was towards the front and had no idea the field was that full...amazing. I also felt about 20 degrees hotter on the field than in the shaded end zone where I'd been.