Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Is it possible having 5 in the backfield is the reason there was a blown coverage?
    I get where you’re coming from, but we just got beat, not tricked. Wasn’t blown coverage. Again, just got beat/outplayed/coached on those plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Indeed, EWU was undisciplined all season not just in the Natty. They were good enough to overcome it in most of their games.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Indy, could you explain the rule about the lateral on the faked field goal.
    If his knee was down, why could he pass the ball? Maybe that's why he could?
    Thanks for your expertise, I do golf rules.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    There's a rule in college that allows the knee to be down. It was legit. Indy will pull up the actual rule

It is simply an exception to the rule.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think they said it was a legal play because the intent was to trick the Defense by going through the motions of a FG. I only wondered if the ball had touched the ground when he faked it and would that have counted as a downed ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    I also wish that those that complain about officials would reflect internally. EWU was highly penalized all year, averaging 8 or 9 per game. Seems their coaches could have addressed that at some point during the year before it bit them in the ass.
    Maybe the refs were on our side for this one. j/k

Horns up Ref.jpg

Found the rule: ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:
    [...]
    b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his body, except his hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule]

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    Found the rule: ARTICLE 3. A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:
    [...]
    b. When any part of the ball carrier’s body, except his hand or foot, touches the ground or when the ball carrier is tackled or otherwise falls and loses possession of the ball as he contacts the ground with any part of his body, except his hand or foot [Exception: The ball remains alive when an offensive player has simulated a kick or at the snap is in position to kick the ball held for a place kick by a teammate. The ball may be kicked, passed or advanced by rule]
    There is the rule. This was a forward pass so if it had been dropped it would be a dead ball as an incomplete forward pass. Another version is for the holder to flip it behind his head to the kicker. If that is dropped it would still be a live ball that can be recovered and advanced by either team.

If any of you are high school coaches don't try this! The high school rule is different. The exception for the holder to have his knee on the ground still exists but he must rise before throwing it. If this happened in high school, the defense would get the ball first and 10 at the spot where the holder flipped the ball.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It was actually a start at the 20. The way EWU sliced and diced the Bison D on that drive it may not have made any difference if they started at the 5.
    So why did Eastern get the ball at the 20? The holder was the 14 and I can’t remember in college does it go to the original line of scrimmage or where the holder is.