Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yes I believe the remodeling reduced the number of available seats by quite a bit. What was 2017 attendance? That would have also have been somewhat reduced I believe since the remodel was underway at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I edited and put the 2017 number in the list because it was pretty close to the rest. I looked at news articles to see if the renovation was going to reduce capacity, but nobody mentioned it, and the stadium website still lists 20,500 as the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I edited and put the 2017 number in the list because it was pretty close to the rest. I looked at news articles to see if the renovation was going to reduce capacity, but nobody mentioned it, and the stadium website still lists 20,500 as the max.
    In 2017 though the place was packed with SRO to prop up those numbers. Odd they list the Capacity at 20,500 still otherwise 2017 should be at least that much and probably a great deal more with everyone standing.

I bet seating capacity is actually somewhere between 18,000 and 19,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Maybe from the NFL hash marks, not sure from the college hash marks though.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    From the College hash marks. Unless I’ve forgotten my trig (which is entirely possible).
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    In 2017 though the place was packed with SRO to prop up those numbers. Odd they list the Capacity at 20,500 still otherwise 2017 should be at least that much and probably a great deal more with everyone standing.

I bet seating capacity is actually somewhere between 18,000 and 19,000.
    Yep, the 2017 number was greatly enhanced by SRO. I'd bet that seated capacity in the stadium is about 18,000 to 18,500. The end zone used to have way more seats which was also bleacher seating so they could cram more people in.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    From the College hash marks. Unless I’ve forgotten my trig (which is entirely possible).
    Yep, verified your info in post #370:

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From these two websites,

https://www.wired.com/2011/01/kickin...to-the-center/

http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/EMAT6680F.../Assn6TJP.html

the angular size of the field goal post does decrease when moving right or left of the center of the posts, but not as much as moving back from the posts. I believe both websites point out, especially the first link, is to center the ball as much as possible without losing more than a yard.

So Audit's post does make some sense. I'm not going do the calculations, but it seems that moving the ball from the center of the field to the right hash mark does decrease the angular size of the field goal posts, but not as much if the ball was moved back more than a yard and back to the center from the right hash mark.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I do understand were this might bother people. But I also look around all the people that do not remain at somewhat of attention with hats off until the colors have been retired from the field. Is that also not a sign of respect for the flag not of the song I realize. By the way I stand with hats off for the flag until it has left the field but I do yell BIZON during the song. Nobody is perfect.
    Same

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I do understand were this might bother people. But I also look around all the people that do not remain at somewhat of attention with hats off until the colors have been retired from the field. Is that also not a sign of respect for the flag not of the song I realize. By the way I stand with hats off for the flag until it has left the field but I do yell BIZON during the song. Nobody is perfect.
    I also yell Bizon during the song.

Being a Veteran, my wife can get me to stand “on occasion” for recognition at events, but not usually ... more power to those that do.
    I remove my hat during the anthem but I don’t sing or put my hand over my heart ... more power to those that do.
    I stand out of respect, some do not, but I also never look around to see what others might or might not be doing.

The only reason I get upset with people intentionally kneeling out of racially motivated purposes on a televised game is partially due to the disrespectful intentions behind it and partially due to the networks forcing us to watch it. I turn the game off and do something else ... problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    There were a bunch of empty seats in the EWU section. The SRO folks at the top of the seating bowl seemed to be pretty much nonexistent this year. There were 4-5 empty seats next to me in the NCAA Experience area. The EWU fans who attended were loud but there just weren't very many of them.

You guys must have been off-your-game this year. Don't you usually torque-off the opposing fans by buying tickets through their Ticket Office? Didn't hear anything about that this year.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    You guys must have been off-your-game this year. Don't you usually torque-off the opposing fans by buying tickets through their Ticket Office? Didn't hear anything about that this year.
    We did (we meaning NDSU, not myself) . A lot of NDSU fans bought through EWU's allotment.