Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
1) NONE of the PATs were from the right hash.

2) It was a hook alright. But I don't think that field position was COMPLETELY to blame.....It was either a poor hold or he just flat out miss-hit it....because it was a real shanker.

3) For those familiar with a college football practice, place kickers spend oodles of time in relative solitude. They spend countless hours practice kicking from every conceivable position, angle, and distance.

4) Cam is a senior......He's been doing the aforementioned for a looonnng time and has been an important part of the program. He earned the right to be called upon in that situation.

5) He missed a field goal. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad player.

6) My point is: It was a prudent decision to attempt a field goal in that particular situation.
I agree it wasn’t Cam’s fault but he shouldn’t have been put in that position. You would have to be completely blind to the fact that he hasn’t been consistent in his career. Yes he had made some big kicks, but consistency had not been his forte. I disagree that kicking the FG was the prudent thing to do. The ball was right in front of me and it was 1+ Yds from a first down. Grow a pair Klieman! Go for the kill. He was a great coach but he lacked the killer instinct which will continue to plague him I’m afraid.