Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Big difference between a 50 yard and 25 yard fg. It was wrong call in 16 because of the length. Right call this year. It was a chip shot. If we went for it and were stopped you would all be bitching about klieman not kicking it
    In that entire game, there was not a situation where NDSU had less than 2 yards to get a first down and were stopped. Not one. That drive alone, we were 4/4 on first down conversations with 2 yards or less. Defensive line all had their hands on their hips. They were fucking done.

EWU did not have the ability to stop NDSU in a short yardage situation.

Given the shakiness of Cam and ability for EWU to score, it was the wrong call.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bison View Post
    Or maybe answer the phone when you see the 701 area code come up!

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk
    Maybe it is time to get a couple cell phones in the 218 or 605 area codes

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    In that entire game, there was not a situation where NDSU had less than 2 yards to get a first down and were stopped. Not one. That drive alone, we were 4/4 on first down conversations with 2 yards or less. Defensive line all had their hands on their hips. They were fucking done.

EWU did not have the ability to stop NDSU in a short yardage situation.

In that situation a FG is almost as good as a TD. You take the opportunity to make it a 3 score lead with less than 4 minutes left every time because a FG ends the game just like a first down/touchdown would've. EWU isn't getting 3 more possessions at that point but 2 is a possibility. You're probably right that they would've gotten a 1st down had they gone for it but a FG was the more sure bet. Cam wasn't all that "shaky". He made his 1st FG and he was 7 for 7 on FGs inside 40 yards on the year. A FG attempt was the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Problem with this statement is that as has been pointed out elsewhere on BV Cam is 83/85 on PAT which was roughly the distance here. Given that I would have trotted him out 100 times out of 100.

But my opinion doesn’t really matter because like you I have not piloted a division 1 football team to a single national championship much less four.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Problem with this statement is that as has been pointed out elsewhere on BV Cam is 83/85 on PAT which was roughly the distance here. Given that I would have trotted him out 100 times out of 100.

But my opinion doesn’t really matter because like you I have not piloted a division 1 football team to a single national championship much less four.
    It is not fair to use facts. Do you mean to say 83/85 is 97.6%? That's shaky.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    It is not fair to use facts. Do you mean to say 83/85 is 97.6%? That's shaky.
    I wouldn't trot him out there 100 out of 100 times. Bound to look like a fool at least twice.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post

I can't use the PAT comparison fairly as the the angle shortens the width of the up rights very quickly. To understand this, just take a piece of regular 8" x 11.5" paper and notice the difference when looking at it flat on the table (portrait, of course). The width looks pretty good. Not pick up the paper from one of the long edges and notice how quick the width shrinks. That is a much more difficult kick than a regular PAT.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I can't use the PAT comparison fairly as the the angle shortens the width of the up rights very quickly. To understand this, just take a piece of regular 8" x 11.5" paper and notice the difference when looking at it flat on the table (portrait, of course). The width looks pretty good. Not pick up the paper from one of the long edges and notice how quick the width shrinks. That is a much more difficult kick than a regular PAT.
    The larger point is that in winning a 7th FCS Championship in 8 years some joy suckers have to have something to pick at.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    The larger point is that in winning a 7th FCS Championship in 8 years some joy suckers have to have something to pick at.
    You're absolutely right. With the exception of few moments, both at the end of each half, NDSU dominated and had the game in hand. The best team clearly won.
    Hail the BISON!!!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...kota-state-fbs

Strikes me as a slight underestimate but kind of fun. Wasn't sure where to put it so here seems good enough.

Maybe it's not that far off. Who knows. Accompanying reddit thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...y_had_to_play/
    Feels like the "would probably lose to NDSU" is too short. I think they severely underestimate the Bison. Yes, definite underdogs to maybe 8-10 teams, toss-up with the next 10, slight edge over the next 10, and favored over the rest of the field.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)