Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    1) NONE of the PATs were from the right hash.

2) It was a hook alright. But I don't think that field position was COMPLETELY to blame.....It was either a poor hold or he just flat out miss-hit it....because it was a real shanker.

3) For those familiar with a college football practice, place kickers spend oodles of time in relative solitude. They spend countless hours practice kicking from every conceivable position, angle, and distance.

4) Cam is a senior......He's been doing the aforementioned for a looonnng time and has been an important part of the program. He earned the right to be called upon in that situation.

5) He missed a field goal. Doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad player.

6) My point is: It was a prudent decision to attempt a field goal in that particular situation.
    I agree it wasn’t Cam’s fault but he shouldn’t have been put in that position. You would have to be completely blind to the fact that he hasn’t been consistent in his career. Yes he had made some big kicks, but consistency had not been his forte. I disagree that kicking the FG was the prudent thing to do. The ball was right in front of me and it was 1+ Yds from a first down. Grow a pair Klieman! Go for the kill. He was a great coach but he lacked the killer instinct which will continue to plague him I’m afraid.

After a good nights sleep, all that needs to be said is we won "the darn day", and we are National Champions again.
    Damn, I'm Good!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Yup....
    Pederson was 83/85 for the season on PAT kicks. (20 yards)
    The missed FG was from 23.
    And yes....it was the first and only game on grass this season....but still.....83/85. (including 3/3 today)
    Anybody go back to look if the snap and spot were solid? Someone messed up obviously, but not necessarily has to be on Cam

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    EWU is one of the better teams the Bison have played in Frisco...always respect your opponent. Everybody that thought we would steamroll them was obviously wrong. Then, those same people claim the Bison played poorly forgetting that there was actually another good team on the field that had a lot to do with the Bison's "poor play".

What about all of the spoiled fans who have been clamoring for closer games? Were they happy when there was actually a chance the game could be lost? I can only imagine the clamor to "fire Klieman"! Lol!

The FCS national championship is one of the hardest titles to win in all of sports. Period. Just ask all of those other teams not named NDSU. Every championship is deserved, no matter if it is won by a single point or 40, and not nearly enough credit is given to the runner-up.
    Not everbody! I said it would be a much closer game than the experts thought. I thought they were a good team coming in and the game confirmed that!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

It is nice waking up with my eyebrows still on.

Lardsin must go!

I thought it was odd they didn't center up the kick for that last FG, kept it on the right hash instead. Maybe Cam wanted it that way?

Fluky game from start to finish. Glad the Bison held on for the win. Cowboys Seattle game felt the same way. Always seemed like Dallas should win but so many wierd big plays felt like anything could happen.

Winning Championships Never Gets Old!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Saw Klieman get off the plane in Fargo. Does that mean one last final last bison football show. That's classy if so. Also noticed Stick didn't get off the plane. He must be training for pro day. Nice.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I agree it wasn’t Cam’s fault but he shouldn’t have been put in that position. You would have to be completely blind to the fact that he hasn’t been consistent in his career. Yes he had made some big kicks, but consistency had not been his forte. I disagree that kicking the FG was the prudent thing to do. The ball was right in front of me and it was 1+ Yds from a first down. Grow a pair Klieman! Go for the kill. He was a great coach but he lacked the killer instinct which will continue to plague him I’m afraid.
    Different call but going for the FG and being up 3 scores would have been the dagger.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I thought it was odd they didn't center up the kick for that last FG, kept it on the right hash instead. Maybe Cam wanted it that way?

Fluky game from start to finish. Glad the Bison held on for the win. Cowboys Seattle game felt the same way. Always seemed like Dallas should win but so many wierd big plays felt like anything could happen.

Winning Championships Never Gets Old!
    The previous play ended at the right side of the field and hence, why the ball was placed on the right hash mark. If a play ends somewhere between the hash marks, that’s where the next play begins.

Due to how wide college football keeps its hash marks compared to the NFL, those short FGs are tougher when kicking from the hashes. If you stand by where the kick takes place and look at the angle of where the uprights are, it’s like trying a rugby kick. That’s why in college, some teams try to get the ball backed up five yards with a delay of game.

As far as the call of going for the FG or going for a first down, I was hoping they went for it which got me some dirty, “are you dumb” looks from those around me at the game. Either way was fine, but the soft, weak defense NDSU went into afterwards was what disappointed me, not the miss or not getting the first down.

Also, if you got a chance to go on the field afterwards, you got to feel how slick and soft the surface was. Maybe the new tarp they use needs to be off longer to dry the top soil a bit.

Lastly, you’re absolutely correct, Winning Championships never gets old!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    I'm old, fat, and slow...but not blind.

During his career at NDSU, Cam Pederson kicked the ball inside of 30 yards 282 times. (XP & FG attempts). He was successful on 273 of those attempts. That's 96.8%.

Between 30-39 yards (career), he was 20-25 for 80% on FG attempts.

If a coach doesn't think that a kicker with that kind of a success rate from short yardage should be put into that position.....well.....