Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: EWU Post Game Thoughts

Just rewatched the game. The thing that sticks out most to me is that Barrier makes poor decisions and is a bad passer. He may be a fantastic athlete but those two things do not make a good qb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Just rewatched the game. The thing that sticks out most to me is that Barrier makes poor decisions and is a bad passer. He may be a fantastic athlete but those two things do not make a good qb.

I was always more concerned about his ability to break a long run. The defense held him to 26 yards on 9 carries and with sacks, he only netted 10 yards.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Maybe I have this game mixed up with one of the NFL playoff games, but he seemed to be more accurate when rolling out and less accurate in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Maybe I have this game mixed up with one of the NFL playoff games, but he seemed to be more accurate when rolling out and less accurate in the pocket.
    Not at all accurate in the pocket is more precise and yes was able to hit some solid spots on the run a d a couple chuck it up and pray shits too. All in all he does not make good choices but can make a 14 yd run look simple on 3 and 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    A lot more accurate passing to his right when on the run.

Also, that Simba Webster kid is impressive. The way he was able to get open might get him a chance at the NFL.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From these two websites,

https://www.wired.com/2011/01/kickin...to-the-center/

http://jwilson.coe.uga.edu/EMAT6680F.../Assn6TJP.html

the angular size of the field goal post does decrease when moving right or left of the center of the posts, but not as much as moving back from the posts. I believe both websites point out, especially the first link, is to center the ball as much as possible without losing more than a yard.

So Audit's post does make some sense. I'm not going do the calculations, but it seems that moving the ball from the center of the field to the right hash mark does decrease the angular size of the field goal posts, but not as much if the ball was moved back more than a yard and back to the center from the right hash mark.
    The angle of the dangle times the square of the hair equals..............
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Sorry if this was discussed earlier...

Those of you that have been to Frisco multiple years, can you say anything about the lower announced attendance? Did it seem a little emptier? The number was down quite a bit, but it seemed like ticket sales were high.

2018 - 17,802 (EWU)
    2017 - 19,090 (JMU) - stadium at reduced capacity
    2015 - 21,836 (JSU)
    2014 - 20,918 (ISUr)
    2013 - 19,802 (Towson)
    2012 - 21,411 (SHSU)
    2011 - 20,586 (SHSU)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

Those of you that have been to Frisco multiple years, can you say anything about the lower announced attendance? Did it seem a little emptier? The number was down quite a bit, but it seemed like ticket sales were high.

2018 - 17,802 (EWU)
    2015 - 21,836 (JSU)
    2014 - 20,918 (ISUr)
    2013 - 19,802 (Towson)
    2012 - 21,411 (SHSU)
    2011 - 20,586 (SHSU)

(not including 2017 because stadium was at reduced capacity)
    I thought it looked pretty packed. Surprised the number is that much lower than previous years. I commented at the start of the game I was surprised to see so many people with apparent SRO tickets standing around the concourse.

Maybe the stadium renovation and reduced endzone seating is to blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post

2018 - 17,802 (EWU)
    2015 - 21,836 (JSU)
    2014 - 20,918 (ISUr)
    2013 - 19,802 (Towson)
    2012 - 21,411 (SHSU)
    2011 - 20,586 (SHSU)

(not including 2017 because stadium was at reduced capacity)
    There were a bunch of empty seats in the EWU section. The SRO folks at the top of the seating bowl seemed to be pretty much nonexistent this year. There were 4-5 empty seats next to me in the NCAA Experience area. The EWU fans who attended were loud but there just weren't very many of them.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Yes I believe the remodeling reduced the number of available seats by quite a bit. What was 2017 attendance? That would have also have been somewhat reduced I believe since the remodel was underway at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.