Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Title Game Staying in Frisco Through 2025

Default Re: Title Game Staying in Frisco Through 2025

Toyota Stadium is really good except for the turf. Really wish they could figure something out to make it a better surface for football. I wonder what the coaches really think about?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Capacity is down, turf is perennially awful, there is now a bad shadow line, and every time you see the stadium, NATIONAL SOCCER HALL OF FAME jumps out at you. Personally I'm disappointed nobody else bid on it, Toyota Stadium used to be OK but it has turned into an embarrassment for football. FCS deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Capacity is down, turf is perennially awful, there is now a bad shadow line, and every time you see the stadium, NATIONAL SOCCER HALL OF FAME jumps out at you. Personally I'm disappointed nobody else bid on it, Toyota Stadium used to be OK but it has turned into an embarrassment for football. FCS deserves better.
    Yeah, the shadow and soccer signage do kinda suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    The championship game box score says that the attendance was 17,802. Is that what the capacity has been decreased to?

Love that the game is staying in Frisco, but not thrilled about toyota stadium fwiw. I would love Orlando or Vegas or New Orleans, but Frisco would cut their limbs off for NDSU and that makes it feel VERY special, specifically for us and no one else haha.

Wish we could get to a better and marginally larger stadium. Turf sucks, Soccer signage is gross and the immense shadow on the field looks terrible on TV.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Love that the game is staying in Frisco, but not thrilled about toyota stadium fwiw. I would love Orlando or Vegas or New Orleans, but Frisco would cut their limbs off for NDSU and that makes it feel VERY special, specifically for us and no one else haha.

Wish we could get to a better and marginally larger stadium. Turf sucks, Soccer signage is gross and the immense shadow on the field looks terrible on TV.
    Would love to have the game here in Orlando. They already handle 4 bowl games, 3 college and the pro bowl. Citrus Bowl is pretty big, I would like to see it played at UCF, nice, newer stadium, a nice size for the event, holds right at 45,000.

It is just weird that only one locale bid on the game. That feels like not a lot of confidence the fans would travel for game in Orlando.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Size wise the stadium is perfect. The soccer thing is an issue for people who dont go there to try to discredit us for going to a championship. Only an issue if you want it to be an issue. That area has grown so much and I don’t see it leaving anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When is the nearest time they use the field for anything else? Surely they don't play soccer on a field this bad. Any turf experts know if this is just a dormant period for the grass? Or are they just not maintaining it through December and January?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    When is the nearest time they use the field for anything else? Surely they don't play soccer on a field this bad. Any turf experts know if this is just a dormant period for the grass? Or are they just not maintaining it through December and January?
    The stadium schedule lists the Frisco ISD soccer tournament a couple days before the championship game, but that might have been in the surrounding fields outside the stadium. If that's the case, the last event was the Frisco Bowl on Dec. 19th. It looks like FC Dallas hasn't had a game in the stadium since the end of October.

Grass is bred for specific sports. Soccer grass is designed to hold the ball up, as you can imagine, for kicking.
    They have a new heat blankets for the field. After soccer season they need to switch to football turf. The bed is sand so don’t know if it would work
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans