Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Title Game Staying in Frisco Through 2025

Default Re: Title Game Staying in Frisco Through 2025

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I go for the oysters but the gumbo and fish tacos are good.
    Place is small and intimate. Not really loud so it’s good to hold a conversation
    Its in Plano correct?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Off topic, but any good Fish Taco’s In Fargo? I’ve had the Vinyl ones and they are Meh IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the fish tacos and shrimp tacos at Deep Blue Seafood.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its in Plano correct?
    Yes. In the Legacy on Bishop Rd. Down the street is the Marriott where the bookstore is and near Scruffy Duffy’s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I go there on Wednesday for oysters for a dollar.
    I can’t even finish those fish tacos there is so much.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Back on topic.......I think a stadium in the Dallas area that would be perfect for two bigger FCS fanbases is Apogee Stadium in Denton, TX. Drive by it every time we go to Frisco. 30,850 capacity. Too bad the FCS doesn't deserve anything better than a soccer stadium for its national championship game. I like the Frisco area, but the stadium doesn't look or feel like a college football environment.
    https://meangreensports.com/facilities/?id=4

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Back on topic.......I think a stadium in the Dallas area that would be perfect for two bigger FCS fanbases is Apogee Stadium in Denton, TX. Drive by it every time we go to Frisco. 30,850 capacity. Too bad the FCS doesn't deserve anything better than a soccer stadium for its national championship game. I like the Frisco area, but the stadium doesn't look or feel like a college football environment.
    https://meangreensports.com/facilities/?id=4
    Serious question, do you think any stadium will feel like a "real college football environment" with the sterility of the NCAA being the true host? I've only been to Frisco once, the Sammy II game, and didn't think the venue took away from the feel. The toned down tailgating took away way more than the game bring in a soccer stadium.

BTW I'm in the camp that was disappointed that no one else bid on the game. If the game were in a different location I'd be a lot more tempted to go again, if NDSU were to make it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Serious question, do you think any stadium will feel like a "real college football environment" with the sterility of the NCAA being the true host? I've only been to Frisco once, the Sammy II game, and didn't think the venue took away from the feel. The toned down tailgating took away way more than the game bring in a soccer stadium.

BTW I'm in the camp that was disappointed that no one else bid on the game. If the game were in a different location I'd be a lot more tempted to go again, if NDSU were to make it.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Even during the playoff the NCAA has to dick with everything. Nobody gives a shit about the videos they show of other schools. Its ridiculous.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Even during the playoff the NCAA has to dick with everything. Nobody gives a shit about the videos they show of other schools. Its ridiculous.
    At least the stadium looked better than during the Frisco Bowl or whatever the hell it was called. That game looked like it was being played in a third world country will all the random branding.

Didn’t they try to mimic the team announcers at least one year such as shouting: “that’s another BISON first down” and things like that?

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Didn’t they try to mimic the team announcers at least one year such as shouting: “that’s another BISON first down” and things like that?

That stopped after Jax State bitching.