Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/2: At Omaha 7:00 PM

Default Re: 1/2: At Omaha 7:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Shot 50% from 3 and still lost by dbl digits
    But I think we successfully executed Dave's way so I am going to call this a win. Only 10 turnovers so Woo Hoo!!

But 7 TOs were from Geu and Ward. Hmm, if you bench those two you win right? Dave doesn't realize he is the problem. The most talented players are your most turnovers bound players, why? It was the same last year too. Maybe you are not putting them in positions to be successful?

Instead of trying to play to strengths, we try and breakdown talented players and turn them into generic nothings, so naturally they press and try and make things happen.
    Good players don't want to be generic nothings!! Plug and play players is all Dave wants, no one with unique abilities.

Maybe let Geu hang by the basket more, we need the rebounding help anyway. Ward seems to be one of the few that can create his own, maybe make room for that with cuts and positioning. Get him the ball where he can do damage and don't make him always get there himself. We have literally 9 guards that played tonight, someone can make a pass to set him up.

Also, outside of Geu, your bench was 1-7, maybe you shorten that bench up a bit. We don’t need to play 11 guys every night. Playing people 4 to 6 minutes isn't giving them much of a chance anyway. Also, if you want to give someone some run, put them in for a 9 minute stretch, not two 4.5 minute stretches and expect them not to press.
    Last edited by Burnt_Secondary; 01-03-2019 at 06:07 AM.

You know, scratch all that from my previous post. Dave built a very off balance roster. I don't think it can be fixed.

Position-less basketball only works if you have a lot of 6-6 guys and half of them are Kory Brown type bulldogs. (Who I think was 6-4) Even then it only gets you so far. I don't know if that is what we were going for but so far I don't see the plan.

The length is just missing.
    Last edited by Burnt_Secondary; 01-03-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt_Secondary View Post
    But I think we successfully executed Dave's way so I am going to call this a win. Only 10 turnovers so Woo Hoo!!

But 7 TOs were from Geu and Ward. Hmm, if you bench those two you win right? Dave doesn't realize he is the problem. The most talented players are your most turnovers bound players, why? It was the same last year too. Maybe you are not putting them in positions to be successful?

Instead of trying to play to strengths, we try and breakdown talented players and turn them into generic nothings, so naturally they press and try and make things happen.
    Good players don't want to be generic nothings!! Plug and play players is all Dave wants, no one with unique abilities.

Maybe let Geu hang by the basket more, we need the rebounding help anyway. Ward seems to be one of the few that can create his own, maybe make room for that with cuts and positioning. Get him the ball where he can do damage and don't make him always get there himself. We have literally 9 guards that played tonight, someone can make a pass to set him up.

Also, outside of Geu, your bench was 1-7, maybe you shorten that bench up a bit. We don’t need to play 11 guys every night. Playing people 4 to 6 minutes isn't giving them much of a chance anyway. Also, if you want to give someone some run, put them in for a 9 minute stretch, not two 4.5 minute stretches and expect them not to press.
    Great Post....