Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Amy Olson of Oxbow, ND is back into the top 10 where she belongs. Now at -4 T10 and has birdied 3/4 of the par 5s. If she continues the season doing like that on the par 5s and picking up one now and then as they present on the others, she will win a million plus this year! GoAmy! GoBison!!

1 Eun-Hee Ji -9 F -9 Add
    T2 Jenny Shin -7 F -7 Add
    T10 Amy Olson -4 17* -4 Add
    T27 Lindy Duncan -2 17* -2 Add
    T62 Cristie Kerr +2 17* +2 Add

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Round 2 pairings. Amy goes out with Ariya, ranked #1 on the planet, and Michelle Wie. Set your DVRs....what a group to follow!! Time to see if a pairing like this intimidates Amy Olson any longer. I believe she will represent. GoAmy...GoBison!!

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hond...iland/pairings
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-21-2019 at 03:55 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Round 1 stats:

STATISTICS
    ROUND 1
    Fairways Hit 10/14
    Driving Distance 270.00
    Putts Per Round 30
    Green in Reg 15/18
    Sand Saves 2/2

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Great round. 5 birdies vs 1 bogie. Averaging 270 yards on drives. How do they keep that statistic? How many holes is the sampling?

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Great round. 5 birdies vs 1 bogie. Averaging 270 yards on drives. How do they keep that statistic? How many holes is the sampling?
    The stats from the post prior to your is just from round 1 of the current event she is playing.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

And my post was referring to her 1st round. She averaged 277 yards in the last tourney. New found technique and strength? I am just curious of her added length. She averaged 258 yards last year.

And my post was referring to her 1st round. She averaged 277 yards in the last tourney. New found technique and strength? I am just curious of her added length. She averaged 258 yards last year.
    Audit thought that the stats from the last tournament were probably off due to human error and a mixup concerning yards and meters that was actually mentioned by the announcers according to Audit. Some of the players were showing 350, which is probably not right, although it happens. The 270 for this one may have been wind aided or downhill or spot on the sweet spot or not totally accurate or representative for one reason or the other. I think they usually measure two holes each round to come up with the driving numbers, and over the course of a year those averages become more meaningful as the sample size increases. She is definitely hitting the ball higher, better and longer these days, but my impression was that most of that started at the beginning of last year. That said, she has likely had some improvement over the 2018 to 2019 off season as well knowing Amy Olson and her Bison work ethic, but as has been mentioned, maybe not over 20 yards worth each drive. If this keeps up though, she is really gonna make the “That’s crushed!” geezer feel bad dufferole. She may have
    got one of those Jack Hamm “Hammer” drivers for Christmas. The only one around here with nothing to worry about in that regard is Slick “Is this a par 5 or par 4?..this feels like a par 4 to me” Vic!

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AanE/gx-7-x-metal-consistency

https://youtu.be/zAFcwHWns9U
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-21-2019 at 04:45 PM.

This year’s stats so far.

http://www.lpga.com/statistics/drivi...iving-distance

http://www.lpga.com/statistics

Your statement of 2 holes measured was the explanation I was looking for originally. I was never sure how many drives were measured per round. One thing for sure, she is hitting the ball well.

Round one articles. Ariya Jutanugarn hit a worm burner with driver off one of the measured tees, so that won’t help her numbers dufferole. If Ariya or Michelle top a grounder today, Amy needs to holler, “Run it out!”

http://www.lpga.com/news/2019-honda-...ound-one-notes

http://www.lpga.com/videos/ariya-jut...-lpga-thailand
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-21-2019 at 08:06 PM.