Page 40 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

http://www.lpga.com/-/media/images/l..._coursemap.jpg

Amy’s friend Katherine Kirk is on a very nice roll today and just one off the lead now playing the back nine. She could really be in nice shape before the day is over if she plays the holes coming in like she did those going out. GoAmy..GoKatherine..GoBison!!!

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/ana-...on/leaderboard.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-05-2019 at 07:12 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Amy gave back the strokes gained earlier and sits right on the cut line at +3.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is why I normally don't normally comment on her rounds til she is done. I dont understand how she can be 5 under on one side of the course and 4 over on the other side. It appears she made the cut though.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    It is why I normally don't normally comment on her rounds til she is done. I dont understand how she can be 5 under on one side of the course and 4 over on the other side. It appears she made the cut though.
    It is projected at +4 now, but I won’t be surprised to see it go to +5 or 6 before the day is over dufferole. Rough is thick, fairways are tight, and the wind is blowing. Only about 20 players played under par today, so they have it tricked up pretty good.

Moving day tomorrow and I have a feeling Amy will take advantage of an earlier tee time to get to a better spot on the board!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-06-2019 at 12:47 AM.

She made the cut. Cut was +5

Saturday pairings are up now and Amy Olson will go out with amateur Albane Valenzuela at 1001 AM. A bit of advantage with less wind early, so looking for her to leapfrog a whole bunch of folks on moving day! Go Amy...Go Albane...GoBison!!

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/ana-...on/leaderboard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albane_Valenzuela

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not a great day for Amy, 3 bogies and a birdie for a 2 over round. She sits 5 over after 3 rounds.6 of 14 fairways hit, 13 of 18 greens in reg., and 34 putts.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Not a great day for Amy, 3 bogies and a birdie for a 2 over round. She sits 5 over after 3 rounds.6 of 14 fairways hit, 13 of 18 greens in reg., and 34 putts.
    She seems to be just a bit off all the way around dufferole. Driving, putting, shot making, scrambling, etc. I think that a nice confidence booster is in order and hopefully it will come in the form of a great finish here or in another event soon. At the risk of taking some flack here, I think that she and Ariya Jutanugarn have both stumbled quite a bit since the low blows thrown at them from some two bit, snarky, Johnny Miller wannabe golf reporters and announcers trying to make a name for themselves. I don't know that Geoffrey or Bramble have apologized yet like the caddie had the fortitude and intelligence to do, but they need to, as what they did was slimy and completely uncalled for. Most of all, it was not accurate or factual, and it deeply hurt some very sweet and kind people. In fact, Geoffrey and Bramble could not have picked two players who were less likely to be involved in cheating or collusion of any kind. I won't be reading or watching one bit out of their camps or employers until I hear or see humble apologies from them, which I don't see ever coming from these pathetic weasels unfortunately. Amy and Ariya will be fine in the long run in any case. GoAmy! GoAriya!! GoBison!!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-07-2019 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    3 birdies in 1st 7 holes +1 now!! cut is +3

moving day came early.
    Amy goes out early Sunday again paired with sweet swinging amateur Albane Valenzuela of Stanford. Should be a nice pairing and ideal conditions to take advantage of, at least weather wise. Speaking of Valenzuela, who else remembers “El Toro” aka Fernando Valenzuela of the Dodgers and Major League Baseball fame?!? El Chapo...what say you?

https://youtu.be/3nCHa40iPiY

GoAmy...GoAlbane...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-07-2019 at 06:29 AM.

I digress here just a little with apologies dufferole, but how bout that first ever Women’s Amateur at Augusta?!? The final group was as lovely as they are talented, and it appears Amy will have some competition both regarding talent and radiant smiles and sportsmanship from these last two and others today. Wonderful match between Jennifer Kupcho and Maria Fassi which included great shots and pure competition and love of the game. Hat’s off to Maria Fassi who led most of the way yet showed wonderful grace and sincere delight for her fellow competitor even at the end in defeat. The future of the women’s game appears to be in very good hands! Another lovely Sierra competed today as well PuckNut, Sierra Brooks of Wake Forest. Although not our outstanding Lady Bison Sierra Bennion of Jamestown this time, who knows down the road though?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si....-women-augusta

https://www.anwagolf.com/en_US/scores/index.html
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-07-2019 at 09:05 AM.