Page 14 of 94 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    You know, the entire things was so very strange. I saw the highlight not long after it happened, then thought nothing of it. Then, the furor hit and I did not even know what backstopping was. So I looked it up, then rewatched the highlight.

Good grief, with the distance of that chip, Tiger Woods couldn't hit the other ball even 10% of the time. These online golf rule keyboard warriors are nothing but a bunch of losers.
    Very well said THEsocalledfan. She will move past it, perhaps this week, but it cost her in Thailand big time. It was great to see her fight back a little though, and at least one person has apologized. More really need to follow suit. And I’m not sure that is sufficient. In case you haven't seen this:

"First of all, I’m all for a healthy discussion of whether “backstopping” should be expanded beyond what is currently written in the rules. The situation on Friday was innocent. There was no collusion and no intent on either of our parts for me to gain an advantage. The fact that Ariya gave me a fist bump shows that she’s a classy individual who celebrates other people’s success - just like she did earlier that day on hole 10 when I made an eagle and she routinely does with anyone she’s playing with. However, we are competitors and anyone who used the word “cheater” to apply to Ariya or me should be held accountable for their words. While I care about my own reputation I find it even more important to clear Ariya who has the highest integrity of anyone on tour. Period.

To those who have presumed to know our intent and accused us from behind their computer or phone screen, remember that we are real people with reputations, character, and values we live out daily. The things that have been said have been extremely hurtful and have made the past two days some of the hardest I’ve ever had to go through.

Thank you to the many people in the media, on the LPGA, and those who know me personally who were quick to come to my defense. Your support means more than you know. ❤️"
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-26-2019 at 10:17 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd rather hit the flag stick but that's just me.
    Makes sense to me also Bisonator98. Not sure if this will help the backstop collusion/conspiracy geniuses in their deep and critical quest (lifelong for a few it appears) but can’t hurt for sure:

https://youtu.be/feqmemnOzeY
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-27-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Very well said THEsocalledfan. She will move past it, perhaps this week, but it cost her in Thailand big time. It was great to see her fight back a little though, and at least one person has apologized. More really need to follow suit. And I’m not sure that is sufficient. In case you haven't seen this:

"First of all, I’m all for a healthy discussion of whether “backstopping” should be expanded beyond what is currently written in the rules. The situation on Friday was innocent. There was no collusion and no intent on either of our parts for me to gain an advantage. The fact that Ariya gave me a fist bump shows that she’s a classy individual who celebrates other people’s success - just like she did earlier that day on hole 10 when I made an eagle and she routinely does with anyone she’s playing with. However, we are competitors and anyone who used the word “cheater” to apply to Ariya or me should be held accountable for their words. While I care about my own reputation I find it even more important to clear Ariya who has the highest integrity of anyone on tour. Period.

To those who have presumed to know our intent and accused us from behind their computer or phone screen, remember that we are real people with reputations, character, and values we live out daily. The things that have been said have been extremely hurtful and have made the past two days some of the hardest I’ve ever had to go through.

Thank you to the many people in the media, on the LPGA, and those who know me personally who were quick to come to my defense. Your support means more than you know. ❤️"
    Who was the one person who apologized?

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Who was the one person who apologized?
    It came from a caddie on the LPGA. Seemed very humble and sincere. The worst of the nasty twaddlers, especially the media hacks who should know better, have yet to say anything in apology, including a boorish writer who appeared on The Golf Channel today with more of the same tripe if you can believe that. Writer is Geoff Shackelford, who despite the Ruling
    Committee and any and all evidence given to him, has continued in his mindless criticism of backstopping and what seems to be a bizarre obsession of making a couple of wonderful and innocent players examples of it. I had never heard of the writer or backstopping prior to this travesty, nor had Amy or Ariya or for that matter most of the LPGA and PGA. Maybe the writer started out as one of the Backstop Boys but it didn't work out for him leading to his maniacal pursuit of backstopping notoriety.
    You can find the apology from the caddie who did the right thing on Amy's twitter page here dufferole:

https://twitter.com/AmyOlsonGolf?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-28-2019 at 09:16 AM.

dufferole's
    Singapore time is 14 hours ahead of Central time. Hopefully, she is over the backstop furor as I believe it still bothered her in the last round.

And they’re off on number 10 to start today...errr...tomorrow. Gaby Lopez drew first blood and is -1, with Amy and Lizette starting even.

GoAmy...GoGaby and Lizette...GoBison!!

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hsbc...ip/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-28-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Looks like for another top 10 or better it will take about 3 under per round or better. For Amy and Ariya and all the others who were senselessly subjected to media repugnance last week, the best revenge is success! You can put a good person down, but you can't keep her there! GoAmy...GoAriya...GoBison!!! Play fierce and we will see you back home in Phoenix for more of the same after you have a nice and extremely hard earned 3 week layoff!

Last year's HSBC results:
    http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hsbc...s?filters=2018

Feature groups:
    http://www.lpga.com/news/2019-featur...d-championship

MY LEADERBOARD
    T1 34 5 USA Amy Olson -2 5* -2 Add
    AMY
    OLSON

T5 55 31 KOR In Gee Chun -1 9* -1 Add
    IN GEE
    CHUN
    T5 - T46 SWEAnna Nordqvist -1 8 -1 Add
    ANNA
    NORDQVIST
    T5 23 19 MEXGaby Lopez -1 5* -1 Add
    GABY
    LOPEZ
    T5 26 22 THAAriya Jutanugarn -1 3 -1 Add
    ARIYA
    JUTANUGARN
    T21 76 54 USALindy Duncan E 9 E

POS START PLAYER TO PAR THRU ROUND ROUND TOTAL START
    START PROJ 1 2 3 4
    MY LEADERBOARD
    1 34 3 USAAmy Olson -3 6* -3 Add
    AMY
    OLSON

T7 55 32 KORIn Gee Chun -1 10* -1 Add
    IN GEE
    CHUN
    T7 - T51 SWEAnna Nordqvist -1 9 -1 Add
    ANNA
    NORDQVIST
    T7 23 21 MEXGaby Lopez -1 6* -1 Add
    GABY
    LOPEZ
    T7 26 24 THAAriya Jutanugarn -1 4 -1 Add
    ARIYA
    JUTANUGARN
    T24 76 T57 USALindy Duncan E 10 E Add

Three birdies in a row and rolling it:

T1 34 5 USA Amy Olson -3 6* -3 Add

AMY-OLSON

ROUND 1 SCORECARD
    HOLE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOT
    Par 4 4 4 3 5 4 3 5 4 36 4 4 4 5 4 3 5 3 4 36 72
    Round 4 4 4 4 3 2
    Status - E E E -1 -2 -3 - --

https://youtu.be/QrY9eHkXTa4

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hsbc...ip/leaderboard