Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Has Amy missed a cut this year?

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    She did miss some after the vile and idiotic accusations against her and Ariya Jutanugarn concerning “backstopping”, which neither had actually ever even heard of. Prior to that it looked like she was coming out of the blocks this year like Doug Beaudoin of Jamestown of years gone by! She is getting back to where she was as is Ariya, who was world #1 at the time of that ugliness.
    Amy goes out early tomorrow on moving day, and hopefully the upward trend continues PuckNut!
    GoAmy...GoBison!!

T65 Amy Olson +3 8:30 AM
    T65 Wichanee Meechai +3 8:30 AM
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-27-2019 at 04:16 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

1 the Kia Classic. The Week before the ANA and well after the alleged backstopping nonsense.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 04-27-2019 at 06:18 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    1 the Kia Classic. The Week before the ANA and we’ll after the alleged backstopping nonsense.
    I thought she had missed a couple cuts, but I stand corrected. What is definitive is the performance drop off of both Amy and Ariya immediately subsequent to the slimy and ill informed cheating accusations by Geoff Shackelford of Golfweek, both during that tournament in Thailand (Ariya’s home fans) in late February and four weeks later at the Kia right through to now. As I have said before, Amy will and is moving past it, but I believe that it severely affected her immediately along with costing her a lot of prize money and possible win, and will also continue to affect her for some time to come. How could it not?

http://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/20...692504BF18C3AA

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Thanks guys
    Who do you like for the Stanley Cup PuckNut? Do you have a thread going on that?

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    I thought she had missed a couple cuts, but I stand corrected. What is definitive is the performance drop off of both Amy and Ariya immediately subsequent to the slimy and ill informed cheating accusations by Geoff Shackelford of Golfweek, both during that tournament in Thailand (Ariya’s home fans) in late February and four weeks later at the Kia right through to now. As I have said before, Amy will and is moving past it, but I believe that it severely affected her immediately along with costing her a lot of prize money and possible win, and will also continue to affect her for some time to come. How could it not?

http://www.lpga.com/-/media/files/20...692504BF18C3AA
    Because she finished T5 in Singapore the very next week against a world class field.

Why give one clown’s ridiculous hot take so much credit? It’s golf, there are peaks and valleys in performance, relatively small gaps in true talent, and a healthy amount of luck involved.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Because she finished T5 in Singapore the very next week against a world class field.

Why give one clown’s ridiculous hot take so much credit? It’s golf, there are peaks and valleys in performance, relatively small gaps in true talent, and a healthy amount of luck involved.
    One event doesn't paint the whole picture, and I am sure you are aware of that. Perhaps she would have won in Singapore had she and Ariya not been painted as cheaters by that weasel. And perhaps her drop-off has been a combination of things, as I have already acknowledged.
    Once again, if you were to look at all of the numbers and the momentum before and after the cheating accusations, I think that it is very clear. It certainly was for the event itself in which she appeared to be well on her way to a possible trip to the winner's circle and/or a very large check. Shackelford's false, self promoting, foul accusations easily cost her tens of thousands in my opinion, in just that event in Thailand. My intent is not to give Shackelford any credit, but to point out that he should not do this to sweet, honest, decent young ladies who couldn't be further from being the sort who actually would do this foolishness. Or to anybody for that matter. Don't know why you choose to minimize this sort of trash for cash irresponsible and mean spirited journalism (well, I have an idea), especially considering that the whole point of us being here in my opinion is to discuss and promote the LPGA career of Amy Olson. And although I don't speak directly for Amy obviously or for Ariya, they sure didn't perceive it to be no big deal either by their actions or words or subsequent play as compared to the weeks prior and the end of 2018. Bottom line is that it was a big deal in my opinion as well as those of a lot of other thoughtful fans of the game and of our own Amy Olson. And to Amy and Ariya themselves. Shackelford did a lot of obstinate defending of his initial cheating accusation, and I think that he probably didn't believe a word he said. Do you feel that you need to do the same here on Bisonville of all places? I am sure Geoffry will welcome your thoughts on his social media. In the meantime, we will have to agree to disagree. By the way, I would like to see Shackelford apologize to both players and then resign from his job, along with writing a few checks to make sure he and others slow down on this sort of slander and hatefulness. JMHO.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-27-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Isn't it amazing that a poster who thinks Amy walks on water continues to disrespect her by stating that she is so sensitive that she can't handle criticism of her game (rightful or otherwise). Amy is a professional and professionals focus on what they can control and realize they can't control what others say and they move on. He hasn't made similar comments for any male golfers, but he has for both Ariya and Amy. So I wonder if feels female golfers need to be protected and coddled. Amy doesn't. She wouldn't have accomplished what she already has if she doesn't have immense mental strength.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    Isn't it amazing that a poster who thinks Amy walks on water continues to disrespect her by stating that she is so sensitive that she can't handle criticism of her game (rightful or otherwise). Amy is a professional and professionals focus on what they can control and realize they can't control what others say and they move on. He hasn't made similar comments for any male golfers, but he has for both Ariya and Amy. So I wonder if feels female golfers need to be protected and coddled. Amy doesn't. She wouldn't have accomplished what she already has if she doesn't have immense mental strength.
    Greetings Patty. Long time no see. If you have read any of the content of my posts, you are aware that I have already stated the same things that you both have here. Amy is a tough, adaptive, and a consummate professional and she has and will continue to rise above the challenges that come her way. And even more so, as someone from North Dakota who has not had it all handed to her on a silver platter. Also, there are many many things besides dealing with the press and the public that enter into success in professional golf. I do think that there are some very real differences in the genders, but that argument is for another place. I also sincerely think that there are some times when it is appropriate for females to be protected and coddled, and I am pretty certain that little Geoffrey Shackelford would not have called Amy Olson or Ariya Jutanugarn a cheater in the presence of Grant Olson. Ever. When it comes to being publicly criticized and having one's reputation dragged through the muck though, neither sex is likely to hold up very well, especially combining that with all of the aforementioned pressures and challenges of simply competing at this highest level in this unique endeavor. Tiger is just now recovering from being completely eviscerated by the mindless mass media ten years ago, but of course his challenges were also not just single issues but included many things especially health wise in addition to the trash for cash press. Lexi Thompson also demonstrated recently the immense difficulty of staying at the top level while not being in a perfect place mentally.
    So yes, Amy can and will and has overcome all sorts of things and will overcome this sliminess as well. She will NEVER completely forget this though. And I hope that she can be back with her A game a lot quicker than it took Tiger. And it is tough to go out and compete when anything is not squared away. Especially at a precise sport like professional golf which requires so much mentally and physically.
    The crux of the matter in my opinion as I tried to make clear before, is that journalists need to show some integrity and honesty in what they write about people. Geoff Shackelford is trying to promote himself and generate interest in his articles without considering that, and I see that as the same as crying out "fire" in a crowded theater. He and a few other hyenas like him do not have the right to publish awful unproved accusations about other human beings without seeing some consequences for that. The humble caddie was able to apologize once he found out the real facts and the pristine characters of those whom he had carelessly pointed his finger at. Shackelford needs to do the same and more, as his accusations were much more vicious and relentless. And I am pretty certain that you and Audit would be screaming louder than anybody if Shackelford had been falsely accusing you or one of your family members of something even far less than he perpetrated on Amy and Ariya. I certainly hope that neither of you even remotely agree with Shackelford's statements and methods?!? If so, I suggest that you turn in your Bisonville credentials ASAP.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/amy...stopping-issue
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-27-2019 at 12:33 PM.