Page 80 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Amy Olson is currently -7 and T4 for the Indy event. Another 8 holes to play. Cheyenne Woods is just outside the top 20 at -3 and should be playing this weekend SlickVic!

GoAmy...GoBison!!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/ind...ch/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-27-2019 at 07:54 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Another Bison first down...I mean birdie...for Amy dufferole! Puts her at -8 in third place now. Wind is blowing and gusting and making the afternoon play a lot more challenging today.

Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-27-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The telecast just finished but they did not show Amy's two birdies. Not sure what the Golf Channel has against her but she deserved her birdies shown . She was 2 strokes of the pace when the telecast ended.

Amy double bogied her 17th hole to finish with an even par 72 under tough, windy conditions. She took 31 putts ad was 2 for 2 in sand saves. She is currently tied for 5th.

Amy is -6 and T5 after finishing her round today. Here is to a great weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    The telecast just finished but they did not show Amy's two birdies. Not sure what the Golf Channel has against her but she deserved her birdies shown . She was 2 strokes of the pace when the telecast ended.
    I feel like Audit explained it before, but maybe not. This may help.

https://www.womensgolf.com/lpga-television-broadcast

Amy double bogied her 17th hole to finish with an even par 72 under tough, windy conditions. She took 31 putts ad was 2 for 2 in sand saves. She is currently tied for 5th.
    Excellent on the saves dufferole! Moving day tomorrow. Hopefully she handles the conditions again as needed and finesses her way in to one of the final pairings Sunday! Pairings not out yet.

GoAmy...GoBison!!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I feel like Audit explained it before, but maybe not. This may help.

https://www.womensgolf.com/lpga-television-broadcast
    Amy is not some fringe LPGA golfer. I don't buy this explanation as she is a veteran on the rise in the LPGA. We were shown shots of the leader waiting 3-5 mminutes waiting for a ruling or a golfer taking 5 minutes determining what punch shot she should hit. Not much drama in each situation but a lot of wasted golf action. Poor decisions by golf channel.

Amy is not some fringe LPGA golfer. I don't buy this explanation as she is a veteran on the rise in the LPGA. We were shown shots of the leader waiting 3-5 mminutes waiting for a ruling or a golfer taking 5 minutes determining what punch shot she should hit. Not much drama in each situation but a lot of wasted golf action. Poor decisions by golf channel.
    Ok!!! I am sure that the fact that the Golf Channel has "something against her" is a much more plausible explanation then the fact that she is a veteran golfer who has unfortunately been plagued with inconsistency, is having a somewhat rough year and is current 59th on the money list. But I guess we will stick with your story.

And yes, I realize you will state that I am attacking Amy's accomplishments. I'm not. She is on year 6 with the top women's golfers in the world. She should be proud of her accomplishments and I hope she achieves more. But if you want her to garner more tv time, you should hope that she can win a tournament and demonstrate consistent top 10 play.

Really? Amy is 47th in the Rolex and 48th in the CME rankings and she is having a down year? Golf Channel chose to have us watch golfers like Cheyenne Woods who have done nothing this year. Why would they not put a player in contention making birdies on the telecast? Please explain.