Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    If the offended person can go out and try to hit a ball to hit the other players ball with ease then they can complain otherwise shut up.
    But the argument there would be not everyone has that opportunity so therefore it is not fair to the others. Protect the field is what they are saying. I've never seen it done before, but according to Twitter it is more common than I thought, especially in the men's game. I have always wondered though, as a non-golfer, what happens in those situations or what the rules are.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    If the offended person can go out and try to hit a ball to hit the other players ball with ease then they can complain otherwise shut up.
    Exactly. Here is the rule:
    “If two or more players agree to leave a ball in place to help any player, and that player then makes a stroke with the helping ball left in place, each player who made the agreement gets the general penalty (two penalty strokes).”

Does anyone really believe that the number 1 in the world playing in her beloved home country in front of scores of adoring fans and sponsors would collude and agree with another player to leave her ball on the green in hopes that the other player would hit it and get helped out? And then be so pleased with the results for the competitor that it was fist bumps and high fives all around for collusion well done? Heck, with the sort of unashamed cheating you would think Amy would have written Ariya a check right on the spot for the help, since they made no effort to disguise their colluding pleasure. (Sarcasm intended).

There obviously was no agreement and no intent, and these are two of the least likely professionals to do something like this under any circumstances no less so blatantly as this would have been. They are both lovely people of the utmost integrity, who have and show huge respect for their fans and fellow competitors along with the rules and traditions of golf.

Those who tried to point fingers at Amy and Ariya are incapable of interpreting a very simple, straight forward rule. They are also completely ignorant as to the character of the folks they were so stupidly trying to call out.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-23-2019 at 03:32 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Exactly. Here is the rule:
    “If two or more players agree to leave a ball in place to help any player, and that player then makes a stroke with the helping ball left in place, each player who made the agreement gets the general penalty (two penalty strokes).”

Does anyone really believe that the number 1 in the world playing in her beloved home country in front of scores of adoring fans and sponsors would collude and agree with another player to leave her ball on the green in hopes that the other player would hit it and get helped out? And then be so pleased with the results for the competitor that it was fist bumps and high fives all around for collusion well done? Heck, with the sort of unashamed cheating you would think Amy would have written Ariya a check right on the spot for the help, since they made no effort to disguise their colluding pleasure. (Sarcasm intended).

There obviously was no agreement and no intent, and these are two of the least likely professionals to do something like this under any circumstances no less so blatantly as this would have been. They are both lovely people of high integrity who show huge respect for their fans and fellow competitors along with the rules and traditions of golf.

Those who tried to point fingers at Amy and Ariya are incapable of interpreting a very simple, straight forward rule. They are also completely ignorant as to the character of the folks they were so stupidly trying to call out.
    Golf hardos can be some of the most unbearable people in the world, right behind UND fans. Honestly, if these two are colluding by leaving the ball there because Amy is going to hit, if her aim is that good, why not just aim for the cup instead?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Golf hardos can be some of the most unbearable people in the world, right behind UND fans. Honestly, if these two are colluding by leaving the ball there because Amy is going to hit, if her aim is that good, why not just aim for the cup instead?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Lol! Excellent points oldmantutters.

http://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hond...nd/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-24-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Amy righted her round with birdies on the final 2 holes to finish her round at an even par 72. Not sure if the controversy affected her round .

I am watching my recording of the 3rd round and I am convinced this bothered her. The golf channel announcers said she broke down in tears following the 2nd round interview. I watched the chip yesterday and figured it was a good break as she was aiming at the hole, not the ball. I never dreamed it was controversial. She had a nice pre round interview before the 3rd round telecast and she was very composed. Hopefully, she can rebound to a low 4th round.

Bad final round. 3 over 75 with 5 bogies and 2 birdies..She finished the tourney 6 under par and tied for 23rd place.

She made 15,377.00.

https://youtu.be/Wi-JlvBCl3A

This buds 4 u mangy bison just tuning into Rory vs dj wtf I have thought they would were playing the blue monster in Miami??????

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    https://youtu.be/Wi-JlvBCl3A

This buds 4 u mangy bison just tuning into Rory vs dj wtf I have thought they would were playing the blue monster in Miami??????
    Lol! Greetings SlickVic! Cheers, or as they say in Thailand, Chok dee krap!