Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Not a fan???? I follow most tourneys. She has had a rough last few months and a 5 and a 6 on par 3's well that speaks for itself for the round today.
    I was a proud member of Amy's Army today. She had her chances today. She drove the ball exceptionally and her iron play was good. The 6 really hurt, but that happened during heavy rains at the end of her round. She had her chances. She was on the par 5 in 2, and putting 10 feet for bird on 6 (a hole in which had 3 birdies all morning session) and soon those puts will go in.

rRandom tidbits. I heard a couple of different conversations between LPGA people.. and everyone talked about how she is one of the nicest players on the tour and everyone hopes she does well. NBC sports tried doing at least 1 story on the shirts and her crowd, hopefully it gets aired.

Last comment, it was very cool to see all the Amy's Army shirts and supporters today. I would guess they handed out roughly 100 shirts when she teed off. She had the biggest following and it was fun to watch everyone follow her. At least 5 people on the course asked me what Amy's Army is. Word got around, and some of the officials would comment about how the army was on the march.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you for sharing this. I didn't realize the rain was that bad when she was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    If you are a fan, then why the waa crap.
    Because of the 6 and a 5 on the par 3's like I said. She has played well but the consistency is the same old same old. There is usually one round a tourney that goes off the rails and then she plays great the other 3. Hopefully she plays well and makes the cut but I am a call a spade a spade guy and after 1 round she is 9 strokes off the lead. Unfortunately thats the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    I was a proud member of Amy's Army today. She had her chances today. She drove the ball exceptionally and her iron play was good. The 6 really hurt, but that happened during heavy rains at the end of her round. She had her chances. She was on the par 5 in 2, and putting 10 feet for bird on 6 (a hole in which had 3 birdies all morning session) and soon those puts will go in.

rRandom tidbits. I heard a couple of different conversations between LPGA people.. and everyone talked about how she is one of the nicest players on the tour and everyone hopes she does well. NBC sports tried doing at least 1 story on the shirts and her crowd, hopefully it gets aired.

Last comment, it was very cool to see all the Amy's Army shirts and supporters today. I would guess they handed out roughly 100 shirts when she teed off. She had the biggest following and it was fun to watch everyone follow her. At least 5 people on the course asked me what Amy's Army is. Word got around, and some of the officials would comment about how the army was on the march.
    Outstanding report Loud and Proud Bison fan!! Well done! Onward the march of Amy’s Army!! Perhaps she rallies today with the support of you and all of those great fans, and this weekend turns into a very nice showcase for the sweetheart of Fargo, NDSU, and really the upper Midwest! Pretty sure that Arnie, aka The King, would be pleased!: https://youtu.be/OrJDiyHb1go

https://youtu.be/RduViUVTsQQ
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 06-21-2019 at 01:02 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

More on Amy’s first round. Thanks SlickVic...you got their attention!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...hake-Amys-Army

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post

Thanks for the report. My daughter is the head of volunteers at the tourney and she got to meet Amy. She said she's one of the nicest people she has ever met. Hoping she has a great round today and plays the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Thanks for the report. My daughter is the head of volunteers at the tourney and she got to meet Amy. She said she's one of the nicest people she has ever met. Hoping she has a great round today and plays the weekend
    Here’s to your daughter and to Amy both PuckNut! Amy goes out late today and this could shape up to be a classic rally! Hopefully she goes low on that front nine with her 3:06 tee time, and Amy’s Army is then all over the coverage that starts at 5 today!

GoAmy!...GoAmy’sArmy!!...GoHazeltineVolunteers!!!. ..GoBison!!!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 06-21-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Here’s to your daughter and to Amy both PuckNut! Amy goes out late today and this could shape up to be a classic rally! Hopefully she goes low on that front nine with her 3:06 tee time, and Amy’s Army is then all over the coverage that starts at 5 today!

GoAmy!...GoAmy’sArmy!!...GoHazeltineVolunteers!!!. ..GoBison!!!!

Too bad she didn't go out early today - weather is nice now but there is supposed to be rain in the south metro by afternoon and that should include Hazeltine.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Too bad she didn't go out early today - weather is nice now but there is supposed to be rain in the south metro by afternoon and that should include Hazeltine.
    Looks like the rain may miss them now

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    She is off and running and is +1 on the day through 2 holes. GoAmy...GoBison!!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/kpm...ip/leaderboard