Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Sat/Sun are on FOXTV locally/nationally. We need her to make that cut and a run and get her on TV!!
    Great information. Thanks El Chapo! All the more reason for Amy’s Army to cheer her on today!! GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 05-31-2019 at 02:31 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hopefully she putts a lot better. She took 39 putts yesterday. The rest of her stats looked fine.

Much better day. Amy shot a 1 under 70 for a 2 day total of 5 over par. She took 31 putts. Current cut line is 1 over.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Much better day. Amy shot a 1 under 70 for a 2 day total of 5 over par. She took 31 putts. Current cut line is 1 over.
    Now, for the rest of the day, the wind needs to pick up to gale force and very hot, both!

Amy lost about 10-12 strokes to the leaders over these first two rounds, as she averaged 35 putts per round to their 29. No amount of great ball striking can overcome that sort of handicap. The Stockton family are supposed to be putting gurus, so not certain how that is happening?!? If Amy had cut that spotting of strokes by just half, she would be top 20 in the tournament right now, and if she had putted the same average as the leaders, she would be sharing the lead! Is it time to switch putting styles, putters, or putting coaches, or maybe all of the above? Or is it more a matter of nerves? Either way, Amy will leave a boatload of prize money in South Carolina this week.

Fairways Hit 11/14 11/14 22/28
    Driving Distance 261.00 250.00 255.00
    Putts Per Round 39 31 35
    Green in Reg 15/18 14/18 29/36
    Sand Saves 0/1 0/1 0/2
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 05-31-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Line is now at +2 dufferole. I think it will go to +3 today, leaving Amy out of the weekend. She will have many more opportunities especially in the next nine weeks however. GoAmy...GoBison!!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/usw...ga/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 05-31-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Her putting in the last 6 weeks has been her downfall. 39 is her worst , 3 above 2 puts per hole. Maybe Stockton is not the answer . I hope she finds it. I will say this course's greens are really tough. They magnify any mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post

Fairways Hit 11/14 11/14 22/28
    Driving Distance 261.00 250.00 255.00

Green in Reg 15/18 14/18 29/36
    those 3 gotta b right up there with the best of em, ay mangy? was looking forward to watching this weekend----------whens the next major? those stats lookin pretty close to where tiger was before he won the masters this year FYI when i seen him missing them little putts that week at the match play i said he will get it figured out, and so will amy! go bison, go amy!

Her putting in the last 6 weeks has been her downfall. 39 is her worst , 3 above 2 puts per hole. Maybe Stockton is not the answer . I hope she finds it. I will say this course's greens are really tough. They magnify any mistakes.
    Well said dufferole! She has got to get to the bottom of it, as she seems to be striking the ball very well along with most other aspects of her game! Perhaps she should try the long putter or something a bit more radical along the lines of what DeChambeau does?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    those 3 gotta b right up there with the best of em, ay mangy? was looking forward to watching this weekend----------whens the next major? those stats lookin pretty close to where tiger was before he won the masters this year FYI when i seen him missing them little putts that week at the match play i said he will get it figured out, and so will amy! go bison, go amy!
    I like the way you talk SlickVic, and your analogy with Tiger is both outstanding and encouraging! Maybe she needs a good sports psychologist who can share the same sort of positive vibes with her that your post does! Next major is the Women's PGA Championship in Chaska, Minnesota coming up in three weeks on June 20-23!! Should be a lot of local fans out there to put together a legitimate Amy's Army if she makes the weekend in that one or really in any case! The last two majors of 2019 will be back to back including The British Open and The Evian at the end of July and first week in August!! Many other very good events sprinkled in this 9 week gamut as well, along with many more after The Evian concludes! The 2019 LPGA season is still very young!

GoAmy...GoSlickVic...Godufferole...GoTiger...GoBis on!!!!!

https://golfweek.com/2018/12/06/2019...n-prize-money/

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/maj...onship-records
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 06-01-2019 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Sat/Sun are on FOXTV locally/nationally. We need her to make that cut and a run and get her on TV!!

I think that ever since Amy's showing at the US Women's Open in Colorado in 2011 and her Cinderella type USGA win as a junior girl in 2009, many of us have been looking for her to pull off a Rocky style miracle or a very special national level tournament at some point as a pro El Chapo, especially in a USGA sanctioned event due to that history.

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/hom...s-tickets.html

She very nearly did it twice last year at The ANA and again at The Evian (not USGA events but very prestigious majors nonetheless)!

GoAmy...VivaElChapo...GoBison!!!

http://www.espn.com/espnw/news/artic...-day-1-rainout

https://www.denverpost.com/2011/07/0...s-womens-open/