Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2019 LPGA season

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    You two can keep your pissing contest to yourselves. As for Amy, I feel that she
    gat a raw deal considering the 2 that Julie Inkster put on the team. They might
    have experience, but Stacey Lewis and Morgan Pressel have not been relevant for a couple of years.
    A couple less bogies in Canada and she would have been in. 15 under for peet's sake. When I see
    her I'll tell her that just to be in the mix was awesome. She has matured so much in the past
    2 years. It goes with having been on the courses before. Judy Rankin gave her high marks after Canada
    and remarked that it would be a tough decision to make picking the captain's picks. She'll be fine.
    Very well said and I concur completely. Thank you. Judy Rankin is an LPGA legend and a very thoughtful announcer. She doesn’t hand out praise lavishly or improvidently, but she has certainly had a lot of great things to say about Amy Olson on several occasions.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 08-31-2019 at 06:14 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

You two can keep your pissing contest to yourselves. As for Amy, I feel that she
    gat a raw deal considering the 2 that Julie Inkster put on the team. They might
    have experience, but Stacey Lewis and Morgan Pressel have not been relevant for a couple of years.
    A couple less bogies in Canada and she would have been in. 15 under for peet's sake. When I see
    her I'll tell her that just to be in the mix was awesome. She has matured so much in the past
    2 years. It goes with having been on the courses before. Judy Rankin gave her high marks after Canada
    and remarked that it would be a tough decision to make picking the captain's picks. She'll be fine.
    I guess my opinion is that Amy had every opportunity not to rely on a captain's pick. Unfortunately, she had a tough summer which cost her an automatic qualifier.

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, considering she's among the top 13 US players on the LPGA, at 58th with 271,000, that's not too bad.
    No need to be critical of her.

Well, considering she's among the top 13 US players on the LPGA, at 58th with 271,000, that's not too bad.
    No need to be critical of her.
    Please point out where I have been critical of her. I haven't. I most certainly have been critical of a certain poster but not of Amy. Amy is around the Top 50 golfers in the world. There is nothing wrong with that. But she did miss out on her opportunity to control her own destiny. Its quite unfortunate considering the year she had last year.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Amy tees off bright and early Thursday morning at 7:45 AM in the Indy Women In Tech tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Amy tees off bright and early Thursday morning at 7:45 AM in the Indy Women In Tech tournament.
    First out first tee dufferole! After his excellent two year coaching stint and their time there at Indiana State, they love the Olsons in that part of the country as well, and it should be like a homecoming for Amy there. Looking forward to seeing her compete again after a nice break!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 09-26-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Are you on another golf junket dufferole? You’re needed here! Amy is six under and one off the lead and currently schooling a lot of Solheimers. GoAmy! GoBison!! GoSycamores!! Finish 2019 strong Amy!

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/ind...ch/leaderboard

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No junket, busy doing yard work b4 rain. Just checked in on my recording and Amy led off the telecast with a birdie on 18. Nice bogie free round with only 29 putts. Whoo hoo.

Great opening round for Amy. Hope she can put 4 solid rounds together.

Those Korean chicks sure know how to play golf.

Awesome round, hopefully she doesn't throw in the catastrophic round.