Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Default Re: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I was mowing between some test plots for Plant Pathology back in the day and headed south when one of those F4 jocks lifted off the runway and leveled out low over 19th, all unbeknownst to me. As he overtook me he yanked the stick back and lit the burners. That was how I discovered he was there. Damn near flew off that tractor. Bet he was LHFAO.
    Eh, just practicing his close air support.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Power I View Post
    Those are pretty rare birds, I would have enjoyed seeing them. They had a great collection and I got to see quite a few I had never seen before. And an F4 like the ones that used to rattle our windows in University Village while we were at NDSU.
    They took off in formation, did a few laps around the pattern, then did a flyby of a festival going on at the Addison park and came back in. Listening to those V-12's run-up and take off was awesome...Much more impressive than a 4-cylinder Lycoming.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We are checking out the Herd Museum in McKinney today. They have dinasaurs alive exhibit.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonBabe View Post
    We are checking out the Herd Museum in McKinney today. They have dinasaurs alive exhibit.

Saw a movie about that once. I think the yelp reviews of that park were poor.

Just had a meal at Kenny’s Smokehouse in Plano. My new favorite. Brisket and pork ribs. Sorry, no picture.

Quote Originally Posted by cx500d View Post
    Most of those are flyable. I see them at the Addison Airport turning and burning. These two guys were in front of me at the run-up area this summer; great to watch.

The Gray one is a P63 Kingcobra, and the green one is a P39 Airacobra. There is only a handful, literally, of these still flyable.

Attachment 8731
    Those things are so weird. The engine sits behind the pilot and the drive shaft goes underneath the pilot. They also have a heavy cannon mounted in the nose of the propeller as well as 2 heavy machine guns just above that are synced to fire through the propeller and 2 more guns in the wings. Just an odd aircraft used as a stopgap until the Mustang, Thunderbolt and Lightning production got up to speed. We kicked most of them to the Soviet Union where they worked pretty good at middle and low altitudes.

BisonBabe is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
    Saw a movie about that once. I think the yelp reviews of that park were poor.

Was actually pretty good value for the money. If you are not into walking not much fun but I really wanted the exercise after so much driving.

Well-behaved women seldom make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Power I View Post
    Just had a meal at Kenny’s Smokehouse in Plano. My new favorite. Brisket and pork ribs. Sorry, no picture.
    That's my fave as well. Love their brisket and the gouda mac n cheese.

Just saw two groups of gold and green in a crowd shot at the Cowboys game.
    It's OK to not be OK.