Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Default Re: Points of interest along the way to Frisco, and Dallas/Frisco area.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    If you end up in the nosebleeds the massive video board isn’t bad to watch the game on. I’ve done vivid seats and stub hub. Both work fine. You can also buy a parking pass ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the parking pass tip. I see SeatGeek is the official Cowboys ticket partner.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Thanks for the parking pass tip. I see SeatGeek is the official Cowboys ticket partner.
    Everything is so spread out it’s kind of nice to have an idea where to park ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Would have two kids in tow. Seahawks are the ones Madden Team. Would be their first NFL game. Deciding how much $ that is worth.
    Sounds like it would be worth it all things considered that you mention. Stands to be a great game with a lot of noise and excitement, and the stadium and massive scoreboard are sites to see all by themselves. The ticket buying options already mentioned are good. Like they say, you only go around once, and those kiddos will certainly have something to share coming back to school and memories long term! Since they have not been to an NFL game yet, the roaring sound of that huge crowd will be a big deal all by itself. https://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...dium-1.2659439

https://www.arlington.org/plan/blog/...t-att-stadium/
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 01-02-2019 at 12:12 PM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Sunday and Monday look like decent golf days. The Tribute is a nice course not too far, but there are plenty more close to Frisco also.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

I watched the cotton bowl on the video board between Mizzou and Oklahoma state. Make sure you're sidelines but it's awesome.

If you don't mind going too far out of your way, the World War I Museum in Kansas City and the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library in nearby Independence Missouri are ready good - I was there for a teachers conference and I would recommend them. The Federal Reserve in Kansas City is also an interesting tour as well.

The edifice of the Federal Reserve is quite impressive. My kids got a bag of shredded money there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    The edifice of the Federal Reserve is quite impressive. My kids got a bag of shredded money there.

I have a bag of the shredded money from the Federal Reserve in Atlanta on my desk in my classroom. My students are always amazed by it, and it makes for a great economics discussion in class.

I always say my daughter looks like she's there to audit in that picture.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    If you don't mind going too far out of your way, the World War I Museum in Kansas City and the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library in nearby Independence Missouri are ready good - I was there for a teachers conference and I would recommend them. The Federal Reserve in Kansas City is also an interesting tour as well.
    I visited the library a number of years ago with some friends long after Truman died. His voice was explaining an exhibit and when it was over my smart ass friend said: "Thank you, Harry." Truman replied "Your welcome."
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix