Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU and the rankings in FCS

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU and the rankings in FCS

Does it really matter what the rankings are? I know you want certain teams in your bracket so that you can beet the hell out of them & thats cool with me. NDSU is a G5 school playing in the FCS. NDSU will go undefeated through the regular season & the playoffs and win their 7th National Championship. Whether some NDSU fans want to move up or stay in FCS for the playoffs doesn't really matter to me. NDSU has to decide that. Yet you are better than ALL the FCS teams combined. NDSU is the Kings of FCS.

TALON
    www.gsufans.com
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: NDSU and the rankings in FCS

When I stated you were the best FCS team in 2018 I meant it. If the best FCS players in the country were picked to make an all star team and had 6 weeks to prepare under the best FCS coach that rivals yours you would still beat them!

PARTY ON FCS CHAMPS

TALON

www.gsufans.com.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Does it really matter what the rankings are? I know you want certain teams in your bracket so that you can beet the hell out of them & thats cool with me. NDSU is a G5 school playing in the FCS. NDSU will go undefeated through the regular season & the playoffs and win their 7th National Championship. Whether some NDSU fans want to move up or stay in FCS for the playoffs doesn't really matter to me. NDSU has to decide that. Yet you are better than ALL the FCS teams combined. NDSU is the Kings of FCS.

TALON
    www.gsufans.com
    Dwight Shrute approves
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Dwight Shrute approves
    Dont put it NDSU code, Say it as it is!

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It matters. A team should be rewarded for it's hard work and tenacity. Especially when it comes to playoffs.

You fans of FBS teams wouldn't understand. In a true playoff system, a team is rewarded for it's regular season record by earning a ranking. A high ranking means you play a much lower ranked team to begin the playoffs.

It's also pretty cool to have your team hosting playoff games at the Fabulous Fargodome... (dreams of tailgates)

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

TALON
    www.gsufans.com
    Pfffft, which G5 would that be? We are a mid level P5 team!

That’s what I was thinking. NDSU is better than many P5 teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Pfffft, which G5 would that be? We are a mid level P5 team!
    It's OK to not be OK.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Dont put it NDSU code, Say it as it is!

Lardsin must go!

NDSU can compete against most any team outside the top 10 in FBS in any one or two games. I do think the Bison would wear down quick with a FBS schedule, however, a move to FBS would allow for bigger recruits as well. Although this current defense is very athletic it is also very light at DL and Linebacker, injuries would surely mount up quickly into a FBS season. I also agree with Kolpack and Izzo a week or so back when they referred to how quickly things can change if NDSU missed on a QB for a couple years. Its at least interesting to think about. Its an incredible run thats for sure!!!

Stats latest guess :
    NDSU #1
    Weber ST #2
    Kennesaw #3
    SDSU #4
    EWU #5
    Colgate #6
    JMU #7
    UCDavis #8
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.